Hi all, I have an unusual request.
I was in the local guitar store yesterday and heard some guy playing this country style tune and it got me thinking about how I don't know many songs where picking and strumming chords are combined. So, I was wondering if anyone can recommend some artists/songs (or even give me some tabs) for some guitar music that involves strumming and picking (if that makes any sense at all). I think Chet Atkins played some of this style of music. A good example would be Bold As Love, but I'm after all genres of music that might use that style of playing.
If anyone has any idea what I'm on about, please help!
Thanks heaps ladies and gents. Keep rockin'
chet atkins eric johnson tons of blues guitarists its called hybrid picking you should be able to go to idk wikipedia and put hybrid picking and find guitarists that do it
ah yes i've heard the term hybrid picking before but never knew what it meant. Thank you very muchly!
Quote by wakytabaki
ah yes i've heard the term hybrid picking before but never knew what it meant. Thank you very muchly!

your welcome good luck with your search and new style of playing hybrid picking is a bitch to learn
Pretender - Foo Fighters. it LOOKS like hybrid picking, but i wouldnt bet my guitar on it,,im trying to learn it, so good so far!
Merle Travis, Tommy Emmanuel and the piece Malaguena has a cool hybrid picking part in it... Chet Atkins, Merle Travis and Tommy Emmanuel all use a thumb pick