I say They're D Arpeggio's but Ive seen places telling me they're C Arpeggios. Ive Had some places tell me one way, some tell me the other, meh...

D Minor
---------13h17p13-------|
-------15--------15-------||
-----14------------14-----||
---15----------------15---||
-17--------------------17-||
----------------------------||

D Major
--------14h17p14------||
-------15--------15-------||
-----14------------14-----||
---16----------------16---||
-17--------------------17-||
----------------------------||

Can Anybody good with arpeggios tell me?
The root note is D so they must be D arpeggios.

Edit: I think I just saw a breast in the banner ad up top. My eye caught it just as the page reloaded, which is odd since I never look at the ads. I wonder what they were selling. I presume that they weren't advertising a new brazier since this breast was uncovered. Hmm, quite mysterious.
Last edited by Trefellin at Nov 29, 2008,
Erm, wrong forum. But i'll answer real quick.

They're both...kinda. Calling it a D arpeggio means that it is a D chord..which is correct. When they call it a C arpeggio they mean it is in the C shape according to open chords. But technically, yeah it's a D.

edit: beaten, damn you RPG!

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by delicious
Music theory is the correct place for this thread.

Yeah, but the pit is smarter than you think.

Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
Erm, wrong forum. But i'll answer real quick.

They're both...kinda. Calling it a D arpeggio means that it is a D chord..which is correct. When they call it a C arpeggio they mean it is in the C shape according to open chords. But technically, yeah it's a D.

edit: beaten, damn you RPG!

So if I moved up or down the fretboard would it change?

The whole point of this Is I think I may have been incorrect in a lesson, so I wouldn't want to misinform people.
Last edited by Life Is Brutal at Nov 29, 2008,
it looks like a Dm and D major respectively, it depends on how you look at it. if you look at the shapre then it is C, but if you look at it from the root then it is D
Arpeggios are the first, third, fifth, and last notes played in a successive pattern up and down.

There you go.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.