I can't remember much, but I remember seeing a youtube video where the guy played a song where he would pick some strings (with a normal pick), but would also fingerpick with his other three fingers. Is there a term for this or do any of you know any songs I might learn this with?
It's called Hybrid picking. You hold a pick with your thumb and index and then use the other 3 fingers to pluck as well. Tommy Emmanuel is a great example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J25iuK0n6Hc&feature=related

He talks quite a bit, but this is one of the best quality videos I know of to show you hybrid picking.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
It's called Hybrid picking. You hold a pick with your thumb and index and then use the other 3 fingers to pluck as well. Tommy Emmanuel is a great example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J25iuK0n6Hc&feature=related

He talks quite a bit, but this is one of the best quality videos I know of to show you hybrid picking.

dude if i "hybrid picked" it would be so epic cause i hold the pick with my middle finger and my thumb.
idk why but its just so much easier
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Its called hybrid picking, Richard Thompson uses that technique alot on his alvarez. Check out a video on youtube with RT, hes amazing.
Pot
Kettle
Black
Quote by musicTHEORYnerd
dude if i "hybrid picked" it would be so epic cause i hold the pick with my middle finger and my thumb.
idk why but its just so much easier

For me that would really limit my hybrid picking, I tend to use my other three fingers (hold with index and thumb) for the first three strings then pick or strum the E A and D strings.

You could also use a thumb pick as well which gets a similar effect.

Another song to learn which is slightly easier than Angelina as Captivate suggested:

Tommy Emmanuel - Mombasa

Same guy, another great song
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!
Quote by renegade2031
For me that would really limit my hybrid picking, I tend to use my other three fingers (hold with index and thumb) for the first three strings then pick or strum the E A and D strings.

You could also use a thumb pick as well which gets a similar effect.

Another song to learn which is slightly easier than Angelina as Captivate suggested:

Tommy Emmanuel - Mombasa

Same guy, another great song

^ That is a great song!!!!!