View poll results: Rivera VS Randall VS Engl
Rivera Knucklehead Tre
4 24%
Randall RM100M1
1 6%
Engl Powerball
12 71%
Voters: 17.
I have checked several stores near me, but they don't carry any of them, let alone all three. That said, I cannot try them out myself or compare them. I've just listened to stuff on Youtube and read reviews and descriptions and such.

Anyways, I play mainly melodic death, heavy, chugging type-metal, but also play many other froms of metal and rock. Brutal distortion with tons of bottom end is what I want, but I also want a good clean and rhythm sound for versatility.
Last edited by FryingNemo at Nov 29, 2008,
the power ball, I've played one of the and they are ridiculous! Perfect for drop tunings
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
I vote Engl, just based off of the fact that Chris Broderick's clean tone, and his lead and rhythm tones are pure win
I haven't looked into the Randall or Rivera enough to give a judgement, but I'm sure if you can afford the Engl, you won't be dissapointed if you can dial it in well.
K-Tre I'm gunna say. Although Powerballs are also really nice. Try both, but honestly in my opinion, the Randall isn't even in the same league as the other two.
I've played a Knucklehead once in a shop, the gain blew me away. Get that, although the cleans aren't brilliant (servicable is how I'd describe them).
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales