so i heard that epiphone special II were garbage and i was recommended it so its a matter of opinion...
so now i think its all about the sound

heres the sound of the electric guitar i like(but i don't know what kind is played so if you can recommend some guitars that sounds like it)
these sounds may vary and plz under $401

through glass by stone sour
mardy bum by artic monkeys
beginning of kryptonite by 3 doors down sounds good(is it electric?)
addicted by saving abel
whatever it takes by lifehouse
peices by sum 41
paralyzer by Finger Eleven
original fire by audioslave

sharper brighter, a little bit like acoustic but may sound fatter.
and does electric guitars last longer than acoustic? my acoustic broke (bent neck and broken pin)

EDIT:
can anyone give me a sample of how a strat, tele, les paul sounds like? this will be a great help!!!
Last edited by Extraordinairy at Nov 29, 2008,
Everything lasts long if you take care of it.

Honestly what you're hearing is the sound of guitars being played through nice amps. When you play electric guitar the amp is a big part of your overall sound. Not all of it though.. probably around 70% depending on who you ask. You can get an epiphone special II if you have a nice amp along with it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
Everything lasts long if you take care of it.

Honestly what you're hearing is the sound of guitars being played through nice amps. When you play electric guitar the amp is a big part of your overall sound. Not all of it though.. probably around 70% depending on who you ask. You can get an epiphone special II if you have a nice amp along with it.

what is a good amp that you recommend but not too expensive.
What is your budget for an amp? "Not too expensive" means a lot of different things to a lot of different people. For something inexpensive to start with I'd recommend a low-wattage Peavey Vypyr or Roland Cube.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
What is your budget for an amp? "Not too expensive" means a lot of different things to a lot of different people. For something inexpensive to start with I'd recommend a low-wattage Peavey Vypyr or Roland Cube.

lets say i am only spending 400$ guitar + amp.