hey guys, once again looking for your awesome help.

I have a choice to make between to interfaces, which i can get for roughly the same price (i know a guy at a music store, so that always helps )

Either the UX2 toneport, or the PreSonus Inspire.

Now as you should probably know, both have 2 XLR mic inputs, and 2 DIs, and both are pretty similar from my knowledge, apart from the fact that the Toneport is a USB interface, whereas the Inspire is a Firewire. My question is, which will be better suited for recording mainly Acoustic + Vocal songs, and the occaisonal electric + bass + vocals + drums (which i'll be recording with SM57s).

Also, another question, is it simple/cheap to buy and install a firewire card into a PC laptop?

*just for those of you wondering, i'm going to buy the interface, plus either an SM57 or 58 to begin with, i'm undecided, but will eventually get both.
Without a second thought, grab the PreSonus interface, it is much better than any Toneport...

PreSonus:
better preamps
better ADA converters
more connections
better build quality
High speed firewire connection

yes installing a firewire card in the expansion slot of the laptop is easy and cheap. newegg.com has good deals.
Last edited by moody07747 at Nov 30, 2008,
ah sweet thanks man. Whats your opinion on the mics tho, i can only afford one for the moment, and can't decided which would be better to start off with, the SM57 or 58?

i'll probs only start with acoustics.