Hope Im doing this correctly.

Basically Im only 14 and with Florida's economy I have no chance of getting a job anytime soon. I already own a (cheap unknown company) remake of a fender strat.

Im getting a new guitar for christmas. I cant decide between a Epiphone Les Paul special 2, Epiphone les paul studio and Epiphone les paul 100. I've heard mixed reviews about each guitar but Im unsure on which to buy.

Any help/ personal experiences with them would help. (Already read a few user reviews on this site.)
Me's Stuff!
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Unknown (Cheap Brand) Fender Stratocaster

Amps:
Esteban G-10
Dean Marley GT-1000T (Less than 5 inchs tall)
Peavey Vypyr 15W
The Studio will be your best bet.

EDIT: the studio may be more expensive up front, but it will save you in the long run from having to upgrade from the other two you stated.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Ehh...the studio is the best out of those...but check out Agile guitars if you're set on a LP.

EDIT:

here's one of the sites that sells Agile guitars. This is the first page of decent ones.

http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitar-ss10.html
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Last edited by Artemis Entreri at Nov 29, 2008,
The LP100 is far better than the special II.

You have a volume and tone control for each pickup as well as the traditional toggle switch and the pickups are marginally better.

Neither are fantastic guitars, but the LP100 can actually hold it's own live when played through a decent amp, and sounds much more like the Special II which will sound terrible through almost anything.

I owned and used a 100 live for about 2 years and it help up pretty well, the toggle switch died once but outside that, no big dramas. It's a great first Les Paul if you're really strapped for cash.

EDIT: I didn't see that the Studio was one of your options, the Studio would be the way to go from those 3, thicker body = more tone.
Hmmm I'll try and go towards the studio but if I had to choose a backup guitar (Cause my folks wait till the last minute to shop) which would it be?
Me's Stuff!
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Unknown (Cheap Brand) Fender Stratocaster

Amps:
Esteban G-10
Dean Marley GT-1000T (Less than 5 inchs tall)
Peavey Vypyr 15W
Studio-no, scratch that, for $400 you can get this which is quite a bit better than a studio.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Ask your parents (or whoever is buying) if you could chip in. If they say yes, sell your old guitar and buy an Agile.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Studio > LP 100 > Special II

So I say Studio
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Aren't guitars that fall under the studio category more prone to scratches and paint chips?
Out of those three, the Studio is the best option.

But be aware, that's not saying much. The Special-II is the worst guitar Epi make; the LP-100 is the second worst, and the Studio is crap too.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by stratdud39
go used if you can, you'll get much better guitars.
or go for an agile.
or check out my GIBSON les paul for sale thats right in your price range(sig)

Dude, I clicked that yesterday, it's almost as bad as my scam
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Definately the studio. For the same price of it on Musician's Friend, you get an Agile AL-2500, much better quality. If you can somehow find an extra hundred, the Agile AL-3000 would be a huge step up from the 2500, about the quality of an Epiphone Les Paul custom. All 3 are nice guitars, LPs ftw.

Last edited by EMGPWNS at Nov 30, 2008,
off-topicmfg you can send rondo music checks wow i am mad now

if you need to buy in store i reccomend get a g-400 insted but rondo music is the best idea
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass