Page 1 of 2
Most straps are adjustable to go really low.
And what kind of music?
Gear:
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender G-Dec Junior Amp
ZOOM G1x Pedal
Find one yourself? we aint doers
And what style does require low straps ?
Last edited by metalgirl0 at Nov 29, 2008,
Yeah, going to the strap section of Musician's Friend IS really fucking hard, isn't it?
You're*
DiMarzio Elastic Strap... I love it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Nov 30, 2008,
i'm curious what type of music you play too, i know Fieldy plays his bass real low.
anyway, if you can't find something LOW LOW LOW in store or online, you could give making your' own a shot.
the dimarzio clip locks go to 63 inches. it was actually too long for me so i gave it to a friend for a couple of bucks.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
Quote by RG_FANMAN
My planet waves strap can go pretty low.

+1
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Quote by Malakiancopycat
I Need one that is low.

i need a low strap for my playing style someone find one for me?

For your playing style? or for looking cool?

I can't imagine how playing with your guitar slung super low would be helpful to good technique in any way.

Quote by Tempoe
Jimmy page style...hinders your playing a bit.

Page played with his guitar low, but he had long arms as well.
What so you can follow some gay looking fad of people playing with thier guitar low.
It ****s up your technique, and can give you carpal tunnel. I know, it happened to my bassist.
Instead of the guitar strap I would go for a neuce and do us all a favor
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
enjoy CTS
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
buy two straps and join them. Or actually play guitar instead.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by steel337

only 65" . I researched this same topic (hint hint search hint) for another guy and think i found one that went to 68" or 69".
Quote by BigRob91
Instead of the guitar strap I would go for a neuce and do us all a favor

Or, alternatively you could get a noose, that was just uncalled for; granted he's being lazy but that was pathetic.
Quote by Highwaytohell
What so you can follow some gay looking fad of people playing with thier guitar low.
It ****s up your technique, and can give you carpal tunnel. I know, it happened to my bassist.

The trend i see now with alot of heavy brootz bands is that they play there guitar high.

Although alot of them are doing alot of sweeping so its very helpful to have it high.

And why do you need a long strap for your playing style?>

Makes no sense.
We can't effectively pick a strap we think you will like...

Search the internet, find one you like, and check the length. It's not that hard
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
levi's going pretty low

it'll look UBER until you get carpal tunnel

(it looks stupid)
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
My regular £5 Ernie Ball strap goes insanely low:

Behold- it's not even fully extended!
Straps slung extremely low look extremely dumb. Guitars should be played around the belt-area...Unless you're The Beatles. Then you play it under your chin.

So, get a normal strap like every other normal person out there, and avoid looking stupid and getting Carpal Tunnel.
Quote by Dizeaz2112
Straps slung extremely low look extremely dumb. Guitars should be played around the belt-area...Unless you're The Beatles. Then you play it under your chin.

So, get a normal strap like every other normal person out there, and avoid looking stupid and getting Carpal Tunnel.

i dont want to hang normal you bandwagon riding ****.

my playing style is like fieldy's from korn mixed with daron malakian from system of a down in his toxicity days
Quote by Malakiancopycat

my playing style is like fieldy's from korn mixed with daron malakian from system of a down in his toxicity days

Well i hope you like carpal tunnel man, becuase thats what happens. Hanging up high allows for better fret acess, better palm muting access, quicker and more concise attack, and proper picking technique.

If you really want to go low, just get any strap and put the thing all the way down.
if i ware my strap low, can i bbe a rebel????????????
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Blink 182 cover band?......

You should play standing up with the strap the same height adjusted as to when you would be sitting down.

Worded that badly but it's true.
no strap needed you could nail it to your shins
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
This has nothing to do with riding a bandwagon - you WILL destroy your hand doing this. If you care about playing guitar by the time you are 25 I advise you wear a strap normally.. you can wear it a little bit low of you like but if you area really going to string it as low as you've mentioned you're just going to hurt yourself.
Quote by Malakiancopycat

Fine. How about this? Shove your guitar up your ass. That'll make it hang pretty low, and it'll sound about the same as you slinging it around your knees.
Quote by Malakiancopycat

Playing low is bandwagon riding.

Besides, just because your 'playing style' (Note: In brackets because you seem too retarded to have one) is that of those stupid****s, doesn't mean you need to give yourself carpal tunnel syndrome to sound like them.

Idiot.
Quote by Malakiancopycat

oh, the irony.

your not riding this "bandwagon" of how a guitar is properly worn, but your going to copy to bassists who are well known for slinging their basses insanly low.

Something doesnt seem to right to me.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by Malakiancopycat

how are you mixing a bassist with a guitar player? what instrument are you playing?
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Awww shut it you tarts.

We've all bloody tried it at least once, and either he wants to try it or he actually does feel more comfortable playing like that (sh*t happens!) and looks cooler on stage than the rest of us do (Hooky FTW).

TS - I'm 5'11, average build and my cheapo Ernieball strap extends to the point where i can no longer reach my les paul and give's me a back ache (but them I am very old).

I like the track on your profile - is it yours?

Also, where can I get some cookie monsta outfits!!!
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
You should post a picture of the length you want. Then again, you could probably figure out what kind of strap it is from the picture. Problem solved, eh?

You could always try making your own, it wouldn't be that hard. Plus, you wouldn't have to futz with making it adjustable if you didn't want to and you plan on playing like that for a while.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by cuthbertg
Awww shut it you tarts.

We've all bloody tried it at least once, and either he wants to try it or he actually does feel more comfortable playing like that (sh*t happens!) and looks cooler on stage than the rest of us do (Hooky FTW).

TS - I'm 5'11, average build and my cheapo Ernieball strap extends to the point where i can no longer reach my les paul and give's me a back ache (but them I am very old).

I like the track on your profile - is it yours?

Also, where can I get some cookie monsta outfits!!!

no that track is a scars on broadway song. i think its ****ing mint. you should peek at the rest of their album
Page 1 of 2