I just listened to the following albums consecutively.

Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
Medeski Martin and Wood - Combustication
Bill Evans - Portrait In Jazz

And I'm depressed because these players are the best. If you don't know who they are, look them up they're the best.

I need better groove, how can I accomplish that?
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
I hate to say it because I've seen it so much tonight but...practice...
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by srvflood
I just listened to the following albums consecutively.

Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
Medeski Martin and Wood - Combustication
Bill Evans - Portrait In Jazz

And I'm depressed because these players are the best. If you don't know who they are, look them up they're the best.

I need better groove, how can I accomplish that?

"Those who can't change their minds, can't change anything"

Don't be depressed about it, be inspired by it! That should always be your first step.
jam, go off scales, junk like that. what helped me in guitar was to buy a foot pedal, I dont knwo why but it just changed the whole feel adn experience, gave my tone soem new perception, anytime i was stuck, riffless, i pulled out my boss distortion and i felt great, helped me comeup with new riffs and jam like it was all new material. maybe play a bass chorus, or a wah or flanger, somethin alogn those lines may help get you your groove on (:
Try adding more delay.
aww don't be depressed *hugs*

but if your learning from james jamerson and chris wood you are learning from the best. you should check out some other MMW albums such as End of the World Party (Just in Case) and Uninvisible. chris is in the pocket hardcore on those albums. Friday Afternoon in the Universe is a good one also. chris wood pretty much developed my groove. just stick with it it will come in time.

i put a tab of New Plant off of End of the World Party on UG if your interested.
and if you know Nocturne off of Combustication i would love you if you had sheet music or a tab for it.