Page 1 of 8
I figured I'd share this with The Pit, so...

For the past maybe year and half, I've been going through life on cruise control, I lost my sharp wit, I didn't care much for things I used to care a lot about, and I spiraled into a deep depression, my friends and family weren't much help, and I just sort of went by everyday and got used to feeling like garbage and contemplating suicide. It became who I was for a long time, until last Tuesday.

I was just sitting in my room, playing guitar, jotting down some lyrics, texting some friends, and after about five hours of that, I grew tired. It was about one in the afternoon when I got the sudden urge to just go for a walk. I've never really felt the urge to go for a walk, but I did then. Like, if I didn't go for a walk then I'd be upset for whatever reason. I didn't have anything better to do, so I grabbed my jacket, wallet, got my iPod, keys, and phone, told my mom I was going for a walk and that she could call me if she needed me, and got on my way. I put on the one artist who I have the most music from (The Beatles), and started at the first song on shuffle.

I wasn't walking around to anywhere specific. I eventually made my way out of my neighborhood and out of my area, more into the city (Northern Phoenix). I walked for about four hours, stopping only at crosswalks, just meandering about, until I realized I didn't know where I was. But then I noticed something else. The things I mentioned in the first paragraph, the deep depression, everything, had literally just disappeared. I felt happy. The most happy I'd been in a really long time, but I couldn't tell if it was temporary or if I really changed.

I hadn't eaten or drank anything at all that day, and it was about five this point. I checked my wallet to see how much money I had, and I was surprised to find only fifty cents. I was really thirsty at this point, and the nearest food establishment was KFC, so I went in there only to find a crowd of people in front of the register. As much as I hated doing this, I made my way to the register and asked for a cup, and filled it up with Sprite. Around this time, my mom called me just to check up and I told her I was at a friend's house.

I was leaving KFC, and I held the door open for this girl who looked about my age, and the same as before when I had the urge to just go walk, I suddenly had the urge to talk with this girl. I put out my hand and said, "My name is Daron." She shook it and said, "Taline," and I asked her if she was Armenian (Taline is an Armenian name ) and she said she was. We went to the parking lot near her car and just talked for about fifteen minutes, like real, meaningful talk. She said she'd normally never go to KFC because she's vegetarian, but she wanted a drink (same deal with me, as in, I'm vegetarian), and she told me she goes to my school, and that she was just visiting her dad up here. I got her number and she drove off. I then had to phone my sister to come pick me up, who wasn't that happy about having to drive so far.

Since then, we've seen each other nearly every day and I truly feel like this is who I want to spend the rest of my life with. But even besides my new found love, I feel truly happy right now, and I feel like it's gonna stay like that for sure.

Would anybody care to share similar experiences? That's kind of a dumb question, but you know what I mean. I realize now that this is a seemingly pointless post, but I just wanted to share.

tl;dr - No "tl;dr" is available for this post.

Edited for grammar.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
Last edited by kosmic at Nov 30, 2008,
Quote by kosmic

Since then, we've seen each other nearly every day and I truly feel like this is who I want to spend the rest of my life with. But even besides my new found love, I feel truly happy right now, and I feel like it's gonna stay like that for sure.

Would anybody care to share similar experiences? That's kind of a dumb question, but you know what I mean. I realize now that this is a seemingly pointless post, but I just wanted to share.

tl;dr - No "tl;dr" is available for this post.

...15 minutes.
Be cool.
I feel fuzzy.
Good for you.
"On this life that we call home
The years go fast
and the days go so slow...

the days go so slow
."
I'm happy for you. Not many other people will care though. I know how you felt. I've been feeling pretty depressed myself for the past few months.
Quote by thedude051
...15 minutes.

I know, I know.
thats pretty epic.
Yup...
And what happens when she's gone? You're even worse off than before.

You'd better know what you're doing.
You're*

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
For the past 4 years, I had been talking to a girl who had been in and out with assholes, and I knew I liked her. Her and her boyfriend broke up, and we really started talking to each other but I had no idea how she felt about me.

Last night I went to a party with a classmate/workmate whos friends with this girl. I was feeling a bit timid at the start and didn't really talk to her. I got a couple of cans in me and got the confidence I needed. We started talking a lot and then I just moved in for this kiss and it worked. We kept kissing all night, and she had felt the same way about me but didn't want to say anything either. We have decided we are going to hang out a lot more and see what happens.

TLDR I GOT OUT OF THE FRIEND ZONE AND AM THE HAPPIEST I HAVE BEEN IN A LONG TIME.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
Quote by zacharydak
For the past 4 years, I had been talking to a girl who had been in and out with assholes, and I knew I liked her. Her and her boyfriend broke up, and we really started talking to each other but I had no idea how she felt about me.

Last night I went to a party with a classmate/workmate whos friends with this girl. I was feeling a bit timid at the start and didn't really talk to her. I got a couple of cans in me and got the confidence I needed. We started talking a lot and then I just moved in for this kiss and it worked. We kept kissing all night, and she had felt the same way about me but didn't want to say anything either. We have decided we are going to hang out a lot more and see what happens.

TLDR I GOT OUT OF THE FRIEND ZONE AND AM THE HAPPIEST I HAVE BEEN IN A LONG TIME.

It'll end mate
Frusciante

zzeazz -

Im coming for you
I can't believe I read that, but good for you.

I hope the same happens to me one day.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
i havent had anything similar. it seems like a cool experience. good for you man!
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
good for you man. you brought yourself out of depression and you managed to post something so moving, no one in the pit has said anything bad about you yet. i am impressed, sir.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
You guys are the best. Thanks.
thats pretty epic.
Yup...
That's actually pretty cool. Imagine if you shunned the urge to go for that walk. Good for you TS.
Congratulations man. I kind of have a similar story. Not nearly as serious but eh here it goes anyway.

So it's 8th grade, I'm 14 or 15 years old and I just don't give a **** about anything. I had no motivation at all in school. I just chilled all day maybe did my homework. Most of my not caring was focused in math however. Doing homework in the last 5 minutes of lunch, yada yada. Then my report card came. I got a C in math. Now, a C isn't a terrible grade, it's passing, but I usually get A's and B's. This was my first C ever. For some reason when I saw that C i was like "I gotta get my **** together." And so I did and everything seemed to get better.

Like I said, not nearly as dramatic, I was never depressed, just apathetic.
k, koo
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
i felt the same way. just i kinda still feel that way. i drink a little too much also...
Reading that depressed me...you dumb f***
Quote by thestonedone
You see this is why it's wrong to rape your guitar... in public.

Quote by mroctoberfest
I want to name an invention the Insta-gasm 3000. I feel very strongly about this.

Gear Setup:
Jackson Rhoads
Digitech Grunge
Fender FM 212R
Congrats, ive had moments where i suddenly break from my depression.

It comes back, but sometimes i feel free.

I'm sure ill have one of those days at some point. IDK if the walking thing is part of depression because I sometimes just get the urge to go for a walk and look around.

Congrats.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Quote by B O D O M
How did you get free Sprite?

Asked for a "water cup," filled it up with Sprite.
thats pretty epic.
Yup...
uplifting post is uplifting.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Im happy for you. hopefully i will experience that same change soon, cuz i need somethin like that to happen to me.
DECRESCENDO
Thats awesome dude. The right girl can really brighten up your life so try and hold on to her mmmk
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Last edited by British_Steal at Nov 30, 2008,
Quote by kaosfire
Congrats, ive had moments where i suddenly break from my depression.

It comes back, but sometimes i feel free.

I'm sure ill have one of those days at some point. IDK if the walking thing is part of depression because I sometimes just get the urge to go for a walk and look around.

Congrats.

yeah, i was like this for a couple months too. then it just went away. i dont know why, but it was just...gone one day.

nice name, btw
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Genuinely happy for you, man!
I'm still waiting for this to happen. I think I'll go for walks more often!

Also, to hell with all these negative douches that are like "it's gonna end, you'll be worse" , etc. Go ****ing shoot yourself. Stop trying to ruin other people's lives as much as you are your own.
Quote by Rengori
It's not like the mods ever get mad at you for going around fucking swear filter.
Quote by kosmic
Asked for a "water cup," filled it up with Sprite.

Where did the Sprite come from?
I'm gonna ruin your fun here. The water cups they give you are free and ment only for water as water is crucial to sustain life plus the lawmen says they have to. Sprite is not. So yeah...

You stole a $1.00 soda.

Feel bad about it!!!!!

Edit: Since this is a "serious" thread the above comment is a ****ing joke please don't say like "go ****ing die you prick" or report me or anything I was simply pointing out the fact that he stole a sprite don't kill me.
Last edited by i_killed_bill at Nov 30, 2008,