well ive had my yamaha for almost a year and i never had a problem with it until now my 4th 7th and 13th fret are buzzing and i want to know how i can fix it
On all strings? Have you recently changed strings? Are you keeping your guitar properly humidified?
did you move up a gauge in strings? anyway, you have probably one of two problems. either you need to adjust the truss rod, or lighten the string gauge. probably the former. winter does weird things to guitar necks.
if you don't know how to adjust a truss rod, take it to a shop and get a setup. don't just jump in and do it. really easy to crack the truss rod if you don't know what you're doing.
no there not new strings and it only does it on the high E and the B. the person i bought it from said use .012 - .056 and thats all i have used. i keep it on the stand not in its case and i dont have a humitifire
Last edited by redneckrebel at Nov 30, 2008,
has your neck warped??? you dont pour water on it do you? new strings, maybe the strings are to loose. drop d does that.
i dont think my neck is warped i dont pour water on it (i dont even know why i would). i do play a lot of drop D and half step down ,but i alwase put it back on standerd when im done.
Quote by redneckrebel
i keep it on the stand not in its case and i dont have a humitifire

Sounds like this may be the problem. Lack of a humidity.

http://www.taylorguitars.com/see-hear/

Here's a video off the Taylor website explaining what happens to an underhumidified guitar.

Is your guitar solid wood? Because if it is then this may be very likely.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
thanks for the help captivate i wached the vid and i rand my fingers up the neck like it showed my frets do feel sharp. i also did the thing with the straight edge and on the back of it still has the buldge to it but the front does not.

if i get a humitifier now will that fix the problem if so what kind do i get
Any guitar case or sound hole humidifier will do. You'll need a hard case in order to keep your guitar in a separate environment from the outside. All you need to do is make sure that your guitar stays in the hard case with the humidifier at all times unless you're playing it.

You might also want to consider taking it into a guitar tech to get it checked. It's always good to make sure it's safe.
Equipment:

what about for my epi les paul will the same thin happen to that if i dont have a humidifier
No. Electric guitars aren't nearly as sensitive as acoustic guitars. Electric guitars are very solid and thick planks of wood, while an acoustic guitar consists of a very think plank of wood.

An electric guitar's neck can benefit from having the right humidity(the frets can go sharp as well), but it's not even close to being as sensitive to humidity.
Equipment:

Click the link in my sig. It should have all the details you need to know.
Equipment:

Quote by captivate
No. Electric guitars aren't nearly as sensitive as acoustic guitars. Electric guitars are very solid and thick planks of wood, while an acoustic guitar consists of a very think plank of wood.

An electric guitar's neck can benefit from having the right humidity(the frets can go sharp as well), but it's not even close to being as sensitive to humidity.

Actually, some electrics can be more susceptable to humidity changes than acoustics.
Case in point, my Gibson SG vs. my Alvarez acoustic. The Alvy remains pretty stable overall with changes in the weather, while the SG goes through these swings of sharp to flat tuning depending on what's happening with the weather. I keep the temperature really steady in my house, but the humidity fluctuates quite a bit. I've battled this ever since I moved in here 10 yrs ago.
It really depends on the build of the guitar and the care being given to it. I also have a crappy stratocaster clone made by Austin, and nothing effects that tank. It's always rock solid. Of course, it's built to withstand a 10 megaton blast too, and it weighs about as much as B-52! lol