and I thought I'd be ****ed to live paycheck after paycheck. yay for good fortune.. HOWEVER, I'll be moving from my current home of Carson City, Nevada to a little town called Nevada in Missouri... hah irony.. anywho...

am I doomed to be the only metalhead in hick town? Kansas City is about an hour and forty-five minutes away... if anyone could give some perks to living in that area, tha'd be great. good concerts? food? ehh?

I guess to make it more of a "thread" thingie.. what are your plans for college and/or career paths after high school?

P.S.-- I haven't posted in the UG forums in MONTHS.. so.. I think a "Hi" to everyone is well needed.
thrash till death
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. sig this if you like bagels.
What are you planning to major in?
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
continue to play football in college, graduate, become ceo of the commercial real estate company im an intern for.
yeah.....and make loads of money so i can buy all the gear i want.....
I live in Missouri. I'm on the other side, but I'm still familiar with KC. Where are you going to college? Kansas City is the BBQ capital of the world if you like that.

Edit; This would have made your post more interesting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevada,_Missouri). Also, are you going to Cottey College? Also also, its pronounced "nuh-vay-duh" if nobody went to the article.
Quote by fosho
how....did you find that wiki article?
youre a weird one tjdjr09

Last edited by tjdjr09 at Nov 30, 2008,
Imma goin to the colleges fer da musics and da enGlsih dude!

But seriously, I really am going to college for Music and English. I'm going to double major in those and possibly minor in education
Quote by triple_X_maniac
AMERICA FTW!!!

lol jk we suck

<A HREF=

<A HREF=
Yeah I go to college in a small mountain town in North Carolina, and I was worried about being the only one into the kind of metal I was...first day I was sitting in my dorm room playing guitar and the kid across the hall walks in and goes "hey, you wouldn't happen to like any obscure European metal would you?" More than likely, you'll find a like minded person around somewhere...
Last edited by Stereoaxis at Nov 30, 2008,
I'm from Kansas City, driven through Nevada once or twice, so I'm not sure what there is to do there, but Kansas City has a fairly decent music scene. Nowhere close to a city like Chicago (where I go to college) but you'll probably find a show you're interested in at least every 2 months or so. And Lawrence, KS isn't too far either and has a great music scene as well for smaller bands. And you're in luck with food. Kansas City has the best barbecue in the country imo.
yeah.. I have NO CLUE whatsoever as to my major. I'm decent at guitar, but my music is more of a hobby than anything. I have a talent for art, my most recent being my most unfinished.. yet my best.. so I'll probably major in that.

still have no clue what I'm going into as far as careers go.. the school is Cottey College for women; two year liberal arts school.. and I can return to Reno, Nevada afterwards and get my bachelors.

good to hear about the music and food scene
thrash till death
Quote by Rad_Sauce, yo
and I thought I'd be ****ed to live paycheck after paycheck. yay for good fortune.. HOWEVER, I'll be moving from my current home of Carson City, Nevada to a little town called Nevada in Missouri... hah irony.. anywho...

am I doomed to be the only metalhead in hick town? Kansas City is about an hour and forty-five minutes away... if anyone could give some perks to living in that area, tha'd be great. good concerts? food? ehh?

I guess to make it more of a "thread" thingie.. what are your plans for college and/or career paths after high school?

P.S.-- I haven't posted in the UG forums in MONTHS.. so.. I think a "Hi" to everyone is well needed.

Dude you really haven't posted on here in a long time.

I'm going to college for Music Business right now and i've been thinking about after being done with Music Business getting a degree for in the Journalism field. I don't know exactly what i want to do for a job but either one of

1. Record Producer
2. Sound Engineer/Technician(the guys that go on tour with bands and set up their gear for them)
3. Sports Journalist
4. Reviewer/Interviewer for bands in a metal magazine.

With Record Producer and Sports Journalist being the most of what i want to do.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
yeah it's been days. I've been busy what with **** from my ex-boyfriend to **** from my parents and everything inbetween..

now i have the **** of going to college.. thankfully my godparents are generous enough to pay for it.. it's such a huge relief that I don't have to struggle on my own for 10 years just to get ****in degree.. I kind of feel bad though, I hate asking let alone accepting more than a couple dollars from someone.. this is so huge... and I'll be moving waaaaaaaaay the **** out of state where I know literally NO ONE. *is scared*
thrash till death
wow. I forgot how much I cussed until I noticed how much of my post was censored.. haa
thrash till death
Honestly, I also have no clue about my major either... but at least you have some idea where you're going; I have decent grades and all but I seem to be less intelligent than my (smarter) friends.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?