What is a good setup for a beginner? should i get a gun with a hopper or should i get like a pistol? my friend has a pistol and it looks cool.

also, besides the gun what additional gear do i need? mask, paintball holders, etc.?

are there any good packages?

im not going all out. 250 MAX... itd be nice to keep it below 200 but am i dreamin?

thanks

ps
i didnt search for a thread already on this cause i need to go to bed and i dont feel like deciphering ****
a tippman 98 is a good setup, e-z paintball will have some good stuff, hell walmart sells a package with a tippman 98, and tank a mask and maybe some pods. do not get a pistol you will be disappointed
Quote by seankellyultgtr
What is a good setup for a beginner? should i get a gun with a hopper or should i get like a pistol? my friend has a pistol and it looks cool.

also, besides the gun what additional gear do i need? mask, paintball holders, etc.?

are there any good packages?

im not going all out. 250 MAX... itd be nice to keep it below 200 but am i dreamin?

thanks

ps
i didnt search for a thread already on this cause i need to go to bed and i dont feel like deciphering ****

Hey man I used to play some tourney ball back in the day. Are you just planning on messing around in the woods with your friends or do you have a local field to play at?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tippmann-A5-Combo-Pack-Tipman-Tippman-A-5-Paintball_W0QQitemZ350130326016QQcmdZViewItem

something like this is the way to go probably, ideally from a local field that'd do any repairs necessary for free if you buy there (other than base cost for parts or w/e)

marker, mask, hopper, and air supply are a must
also should consider how much paint is and if you can bring your own or have to buy at the field

would recommend looking into a squeegee for the barrel and whatnot as well for cleaning barrel in game and q tips for cleaning inside between rounds
oh, and paper towels for wiping off your mask
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Last edited by LazySandman at Nov 30, 2008,
go to walmart, canadian tire (providing you live in canada), anywhere like that that has a hunting/sports section should have paintball guns. I suggest the Tippman 98 custom to being with because its cheap, simple to use, strong, and can be modded to be very good without much effort. They sell packs with the the gun, hopper, C02 tank, mask, cleaning supplies, and about 100 or 200 balls for roughly 250 bucks canadian. have fun man its a cool sport.
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
alright cool, thanks for the feedback. i just woke up haha. so a tippman 98 is good? and my friend said that i should buy a 16" barrel to improve accuracy, can i get that on e-z paintball?
Edit
Quote by supe18
a tippman 98 is a good setup, e-z paintball will have some good stuff, hell walmart sells a package with a tippman 98, and tank a mask and maybe some pods. do not get a pistol you will be disappointed

hey supe ez paintball is a tennesse dealer or something. ill probably just go with amazon or walmart
Quote by seankellyultgtr
alright cool, thanks for the feedback. i just woke up haha. so a tippman 98 is good? and my friend said that i should buy a 16" barrel to improve accuracy, can i get that on e-z paintball?
Edit

hey supe ez paintball is a tennesse dealer or something. ill probably just go with amazon or walmart

if 18' if you want to poke theyre eyes out

go with 14'' inch

are you just messing arounds in woods or tourny stuff?
QUOTE=HappyDrugs]Spectator mode.

Quote by Daneeka
Oh God, this is the fastest win i have ever seen.

I think the mods can't bare with your epicness and banned you.

Let's blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high
Im interested in going paintballing for the first time on my birthday in March.
Anyone got any tips or other useful infomation for me.
just trow the balls

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Have you played before? If not, go to http://webdog.specialopspaintball.com/video/ Rob Ruben is a great guy to learn from.

I would suggest a Tippmann 98 custom, a standard black (I say black because my first hopper was neon red. Every opponent in the woods could see me from a mile away) 200 round hopper, A NICE MASK (never buy refurb masks or cheap masks) and a 16 oz. airtank. Any size will do but I find a 16 oz tank is just enough to last two or three rounds with extremely heavy shooting while still being light enough to run around with. Don't buy pods. Pods at first will only encourage you to miss more and shoot more. Pods should only be used by people who are accurate and understand what they can and can't hit. *Cough* Also, anything over about 14 inches for a barrel is just obsessive. After 14 inches you stop gaining accuracy and you start loosing power. The 98 custom, however, is in need of a barrel upgrade. Just don't buy something obscenely long.
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
Hmm... seems the thread has been taken over by a swimming pool filled with sperm.

Quote by iantheman
Whenever I run out of tissues, I get worried that I'll be caught hopping through the hallway with my pants around my knees, a dying erection, and a fist full of semen.
Quote by Jonny B0Y
if 18' if you want to poke theyre eyes out

go with 14'' inch

are you just messing arounds in woods or tourny stuff?

Longer barrels do not improve accuracy. Usually a 18'' barrel is only good for speed ball in the blow up bunkers because you use the barrel to push the bunker in. A 10 or 12 inch barrel is plenty long enough.

http://www.paintball-online.com/paintball/Kingman-Spyder-08-Electra-with-EYE-Paintball-Marker_prod_GNKELEYE_BLK_293 I recommend something like this. and there are packages you can add to it so you will have everything you need.
by LazyLatinoRocke
At least you didn't walked in on your cousin and girlfriend going anal.
Quote by Joshanders86
Longer barrels do not improve accuracy. Usually a 18'' barrel is only good for speed ball in the blow up bunkers because you use the barrel to push the bunker in. A 10 or 12 inch barrel is plenty long enough.

http://www.paintball-online.com/paintball/Kingman-Spyder-08-Electra-with-EYE-Paintball-Marker_prod_GNKELEYE_BLK_293 I recommend something like this. and there are packages you can add to it so you will have everything you need.

up to 14" helps, though more than that really is quite silly
and while the gun you listed is quite nice it's not very good without a good quality hopper that can keep up, which would put him over his price max
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by LazySandman
up to 14" helps, though more than that really is quite silly
and while the gun you listed is quite nice it's not very good without a good quality hopper that can keep up, which would put him over his price max

Actually you shouldn't go cheap on the gun. You can always buy more accessories later. This gun I posted has a anti chop eye so no matter which hopper he uses he still wont chop and a reg hopper is good for a steady 8bps or so if im remembering right. Get a good gun and mask. Cheap hopper to get you by and later when you have more money upgrade. Its a lot easier to upgrade accessories than it is a gun. I owned a paintball field for 6 years. I was a gun tech. And my paintball team TEAM VENOM was #1 in the state of Alabama 3 years back.
by LazyLatinoRocke
At least you didn't walked in on your cousin and girlfriend going anal.
Quote by supe18

unless all youre playing is woodsball, DO NOT get a tippman, go for an Odyssey[sp?] RMP, theyre sortof hard to find but they only cost like $150 and shoot up to 19bps
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by supe18

This.

It's what I started out with about 4 or 5 years ago and it's still good. I highly reccommend this gun.
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08

FREEZER BURN s YELLOWFRIZBEE
im just doing woodsball, thanks. i think ill go with the tippmann 98 custom MEGA starter set, or whatever its called.

anyone know if the mask it comes with is any good?
thanks

edit:
http://www.amazon.com/Tippmann-Custom-Platinum-Paintball-Marker/dp/B001DELRQ8/ref=pd_bbs_sr_12?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1228081633&sr=8-12
edit2:
if it means anything, i wear glasses. so i would need to insure they dont get fuc ked up and that i can see
Last edited by seankellyultgtr at Nov 30, 2008,
250 is a REAL tight budget. but just for a begginer you can get some good stuff for cheap. heres a list of some stuff you will need and the avereage price.
-gun-prolly 150
-mask-bout 30
-pods- wallmart, cheap. like 10 or 20 bucks
-barrel cover (if youre playin at a public place) maybe 5 bucks
-paintballs-NOT CHEAP! the Visible Impact brand from wallm,art is nice. but cut it open first to make sure they arent messed up like the 1000 i bought.
the optional stuff
-camo-shirt and pants-40
-gloves0Mechanics brand are good 20
Member of the Nick Grundy group

Creator of The American Bass Fishing Group <join it if you like to fish
meh. paintballing was fun in middle school.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by XxRustInPeacexX
unless all youre playing is woodsball, DO NOT get a tippman, go for an Odyssey[sp?] RMP, theyre sortof hard to find but they only cost like $150 and shoot up to 19bps

I play speedball with a Tippman 98 and have never had any problems. I like it better than my old Spyder, and those are designed for speedball.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by u.s.m.c.to-be
250 is a REAL tight budget. but just for a begginer you can get some good stuff for cheap. heres a list of some stuff you will need and the avereage price.
-gun-prolly 150
-mask-bout 30
-pods- wallmart, cheap. like 10 or 20 bucks
-barrel cover (if youre playin at a public place) maybe 5 bucks
-paintballs-NOT CHEAP! the Visible Impact brand from wallm,art is nice. but cut it open first to make sure they arent messed up like the 1000 i bought.
the optional stuff
-camo-shirt and pants-40
-gloves0Mechanics brand are good 20

dude, 250 is not tight at all. its tight if your a moran and you blow all your money on a hobby that will most likely partake in once to twice a month, IF THAT. i dont need to go all out i just need whats necessary

now, can anyone tell me if the mask is any good? im not going to buy a mask if i dont have to but if i do. what do you reccomend?

EDIT:
i dont know how expense local suppliers are but i just found this site that says 500 count box of paintballs are 15.00 dollars. thats not rape, its expensive, but not excessive. are all places like this?
Last edited by seankellyultgtr at Nov 30, 2008,
Quote by seankellyultgtr

EDIT:
i dont know how expense local suppliers are but i just found this site that says 500 count box of paintballs are 15.00 dollars. thats not rape, its expensive, but not excessive. are all places like this?

I can get paintballs that cheap here, the problem is they are terrible quality and at least 1/3rd of them will break in chamber.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I can get paintballs that cheap here, the problem is they are terrible quality and at least 1/3rd of them will break in chamber.

well that sucks. you know anything about masks?
Pretty much any mask will be good for woods, unless you are a puss.

as long as it covers your face, you'll be fine.

though, getting shot in the neck leaves a nice bruise.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Quote by GibsonRocker14
Pretty much any mask will be good for woods, unless you are a puss.

as long as it covers your face, you'll be fine.

though, getting shot in the neck leaves a nice bruise.

i wear glasses, will a mask fit over?
Quote by seankellyultgtr
i wear glasses, will a mask fit over?

Yea it will fit

not sure how comfy it is, but one of my friends wears his glasses with his mask
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
yeah I've played woodsball wearing welding goggles and a balaclava (not a terribly good idea unless you have a high pain tolerance) if you play speedball though you pretty much need a hard plastic mask that covers your entire face and upper neck.

Last.fm
yeah your mask will fit over glasses, or should anyways. Just try it on before you buy it. and yeah, dont listen to those guys telling you to buy all this expensive **** if your just playing woodsball. The 98 custom will be perfect for you, but i would advise getting another couple C02 tanks if your gonna go all day.
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Well if you're gonna play a team event (IE: not out in the woods with friends to **** around)... then you're gonna want some decent gear at least. You could probably get some nice beginner gear for your price range too.

You're gonna want a gun, a hopper, 9 oz. CO2 tank should be fine for now (I got a 20 oz. but I play alot, and my gun has a full-auto function, given that function is useless because I can fire faster on semi but still), a mask, and a squeegie. If you get better/wanna play more, I suggest buying pods/a pod belt and upgrading your gun, then CO2 tank.

But ya, a Tippman 98 starter kit should be good for you right now.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
yeah and the great thing about the 98 is that you can mod the crap out of it instead of buying a new gun when you want to upgrade.

Last.fm