I wanna replace the bridge. Stock Pickups make me cry. Looking for something hot and can handle things on distortion.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
ummm try dirty fingers or Duncan Invaders
You were the first real choice I would make, but we all make mistakes.
So...........
Hot rails?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by aTaRi 3o3

nice work Mr Tom DeLonge Fanboy....

TS, what exactly is wrong with the current bridge pickup and what do you want to change about it?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by aTaRi 3o3

im pretty sure that wont work...
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Seymour Duncan Custom Custom or Distortion for Bridge, maybe something PAF on the neck?
Gear:
Washburn X-40 Pro
Washburn X-40
Yamaha RGX 320s custom (with Duncans)
Ibanez GRG 170DX
Yamaha Pacfica 120V (lol)
Encore Strat pile of **** (mega lol)
Saving for new amp
Quote by HMTarnus
Seymour Duncan Custom Custom or Distortion for Bridge, maybe something PAF on the neck?

Quote by aTaRi 3o3

Don't ppl know how to read? TS has a Telecaster, hence he needs a single-coil pickup. TS, I highly recommend not listening to users who have joined in less than a year unless backed up by other, more experienced users. Most of these ppl only spit out what they hear in other threads.

Last edited by evening_crow at Nov 30, 2008,
Quote by evening_crow

Don't ppl know how to read? TS has a Telecaster, hence he needs a single-coil pickup. TS, I highly recommend not listening to users who have joined in less than a year unless backed up by other, more experienced users. Most of these ppl only spit out what they hear in other threads.

Not all Tele's have just single coils on top of which Seymour Duncan do do mini humbuckers which would fit a strat or a tele with a single coil setup. More to the point the time in which a user has been on this forum is not necessarily reflective of how long they have played or owned a guitar. Or their level of knowledge on the subject. It might be better to just present your opinion rather than flaming every user who hasn't been on the forum for more than a year, because heaven forbid they may actually say something.
Gear:
Washburn X-40 Pro
Washburn X-40
Ibanez GRG 170DX
Saving for new amp
Last edited by HMTarnus at Nov 30, 2008,
Quote by HMTarnus
Not all Tele's have just single coils on top of which Seymour Duncan do do mini humbuckers which would fit a strat or a tele with a single coil setup. More to the point the time in which a user has been on this forum is not necessarily reflective of how long they have played or owned a guitar. Or their level of knowledge on the subject. It might be better to just present your opinion rather than flaming every user who hasn't been on the forum for more than a year, because heaven forbid they may actually say something.

1. TS said he had a Telecaster, never mentioning it had humbuckers.
2. Mini humbuckers ARE NOT the same size as single coil-sized humbuckers.
3. As you can see, I am aware that there are single-coiled sized humbuckers (such as the one i recommended). However, you mentioned humbuckers (custom custom and paf).
4. I know the amount of time that one has been registered in UG isn't proportionate to a user's knowledge, but on average the majority of new users are new at guitar. Plus, if i was TS, and seeing that he's an 08'er, i wouldn't want to solely rely on a user that hasn't spent here that much more time than me.
5. I never flamed anyone, did i? I just pointed out facts and some advice to TS.

Thank you very much for proving me right.

EDIT: TS, Dimarzio has a large variety of single coil-sized humbuckers. Search them up.

Quote by evening_crow

1. TS said he had a Telecaster MIM, never mentioning it had humbuckers.
2. Yes, I am aware that there are single-coiled sized humbuckers (such as the one i recommended). However, you mentioned humbuckers (custom custom and paf).
3. I know the amount of time that one has been registered in UG isn't proportionate to a user's knowledge, but on average the majority of new users are new at guitar. Plus, if i was TS, and seeing that he's an 08'er, i wouldn't want to solely rely on a user that hasn't spent here that much more time than me.
4. I never flamed anyone, did i? I just pointed out facts and some advice to TS.

Thank you very much for proving me right.

EDIT: TS, Dimarzio has a large variety of single coil-sized humbuckers. Search them up.

1. There are also plenty of MIM Teles with humbuckers
2. Oh look a PAF pickup for a Tele...
http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/telecaster/cutting-edge/little_59_for_t/
3. On average... is this based upon anything but a generalised stereotype of new users, I joined today therefore I know nothing about guitars unless proven otherwise? WTF? Personally I thought that someone's opinion should count based on the merits of their arguement and their knowledge of the subject matter rather than their sign up date, seriously, Steve Vai who almost certainly does not browse this forum signs up tomorow would you say the same thing about him? Not every guitarist in the world comes here you know, it's not really an accurate sampling of the world's population.
4. I'm pretty sure telling someone to ignore the comments of anyone who doesn't fit into their little exclusive club, is pretty condescending and yes by implying they don't know anything is pretty flaming.
Gear:
Washburn X-40 Pro
Washburn X-40
Ibanez GRG 170DX
Saving for new amp
Quote by HMTarnus
1. There are also plenty of MIM Teles with humbuckers
2. Oh look a PAF pickup for a Tele...
http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/telecaster/cutting-edge/little_59_for_t/
3. On average... is this based upon anything but a generalised stereotype of new users, I joined today therefore I know nothing about guitars unless proven otherwise? WTF? Personally I thought that someone's opinion should count based on the merits of their arguement and their knowledge of the subject matter rather than their sign up date, seriously, Steve Vai who almost certainly does not browse this forum signs up tomorow would you say the same thing about him? Not every guitarist in the world comes here you know, it's not really an accurate sampling of the world's population.
4. I'm pretty sure telling someone to ignore the comments of anyone who doesn't fit into their little exclusive club, is pretty condescending and yes by implying they don't know anything is pretty flaming.

This is a mini humbucker:

This is a single coil-sized pickup:

As you can see, they are not the same size.

Custom Custom like you recommended is not a single coile-sized pickup.

Pretty much the original PAF:

Also, you should be aware that on standard, Telecasters come with single coils unless specified otherwise. It's like how a Strat will have single coils unless it's a fat strat. Now, you wouldn't recommend lipstick, p90, or mini humbuckers to someone who's got a Les Paul now would you? Not unless he specifies that his guitar is a variable of the norm right?

Anyway... sorry if i came up as being a dick, but you weren't quite helping out with your recommendations and i just wanted to caution TS about that.

@ evening crow:
Thanks for the apology but I think you are again reaching for the overall generalisation that teles don't have humbuckers which isn't necessarily true on top of which he didn't provide any information of what kind of pickup setup he had, whilst it could be single coil only pickups there is no reason to simply assume that is the case, and I did in fact provide a link as shown above to a specifically designed for tele mini humbucker based upon the '59, which I currently use. PAF is not a single pickup, there are many PAF types, it's not reflective or helpful to suggest that there are no other PAF style humbuckers just because they weren't the original, the seymour duncan '59 reissue is used by a serious number of guitarists, my self included and is generally a benchmark in metal/ hard rock style guitars as a neck pickup. But again, this is my point, that's a generalisation.
I don't think I was being unhelpful as I have shown, there are alternatives for single coil guitars, more to the point many specifically designed for teles, many not. But a lot of these will fit a tele, I've also seen plenty of teles with mini buckers, though you are right to point out that the pickup I suggested for bridge does not have a direct equivilent in SC form (something that I heartidly forgot to mention when typing my reply), there are duncan customs from which it was originally based in the SC.
My point is, neither one of us knows specifically which model he has, you can diss my help all you want but it's not unhelpful if it's providing him options, which it is, you shouldn't jump on the band wagon of disrespecting me because you think I'm a new user. Give the guy some choice and stop telling him what he can and can't have as neither one of us has specifics about his guitar.
Gear:
Washburn X-40 Pro
Washburn X-40
Ibanez GRG 170DX
Saving for new amp
check out the Dimarzio Super Distortion T
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I love my seymour duncan quarter pound set in my tele. Very high output and still very much a tele sound. Plus, they're fairly inexpensive.
Last edited by Revhain at Nov 30, 2008,
It's a Standard Tele ._. Single coils. I shoulda cleared that up in the beginning haha, sorry.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Quarter pounder?
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by DotSick
It's a Standard Tele ._. Single coils. I shoulda cleared that up in the beginning haha, sorry.

No worries though it does make the earlier arguements pretty hillarious. The Di Marzios are tempting, but I'd be worried about running to far away from the raw sound of the guitar, I'd defo want the mini '59 in the neck and the hotrails for mid though, that would give such awesome solo tones...
Gear:
Washburn X-40 Pro
Washburn X-40
Ibanez GRG 170DX
Saving for new amp
DIMEBUCKERRZ!!!
/lolz...
get hot rails
Quote by Spartan070sarge
I wasn't aware that Eric Cartman was a UGer.

He said that about me

most would tell you hot rails

and while that may be viable i would recommend instead looking into some red lace sensors.
Johnny Greenwood (telecaster user) has 2 wired together to make a humbucker but as i understand they have pretty high output on their own.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
what style of music? what amp? general dissatisfactions with the tone?
Quote by Greenwood991
most would tell you hot rails

and while that may be viable i would recommend instead looking into some red lace sensors.
Johnny Greenwood (telecaster user) has 2 wired together to make a humbucker but as i understand they have pretty high output on their own.

Seconded, the ones Jonny uses are the dually-Red humbuckers though normal single reds are pretty high output on their own and I'm sure they have a tele-sized version of the red. I'd say at least look into it and see if it's tone would be something you'd want.
Hot rails. If John5 uses them, I'm sure they can handle metal.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks