So i brought a Dimarzio Super Distortion for in the bridge position of my guitar which is an Ashton AGS-381 or something.

Anyways, my guitar has a coil split on the humbuckers at the moment and i don't know how to install the new Humbucker.

I don't really know what to do, do i install the Dimarzio and wire it with a coil split, or should i not worry? And if so how do i wire it up? I've never done this before.

unsolder each wire by itself, after you unsolder one wire solder in that wire from the dimarzio pickup. colour coding for the wires will be different. You can find out dimarzio colour codes on guitar electronics
Quote by chaffey
So i brought a Dimarzio Super Distortion for in the bridge position of my guitar which is an Ashton AGS-381 or something.

Anyways, my guitar has a coil split on the humbuckers at the moment and i don't know how to install the new Humbucker.

I don't really know what to do, do i install the Dimarzio and wire it with a coil split, or should i not worry? And if so how do i wire it up? I've never done this before.

before you do anything else, make a drawing of the switches, controls, output jack, and wiring from the pickups. make sure you track every wire and indicate the colour.

the Carvin HB will have different colour codes for the pickup wires than diMarzio.

red=hot
white+green = series link.
black=gnd

the diMarzio HB will use these colours:

red=hot
white+black = series link.
green=gnd

So:
the Red on the diMarzio goes to where the Red on the Carvin used to go.
the White & Black on the diMarzio goes to where the White & Green on the Carvin used to go.
the Green on the diMarzio goes to where the Black on the Carvin used to go.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Thanks guys. But i it is really really confusing. So theres them 4 colored wires coming from the pickups and then theres all these other wires haha, I have no idea what i am doing!