Has anyone else ever experienced this? I have been playing my electric guitars for a long time now, and have given no love to my acoustic for almost 4 months now. The problem is that I'm without my electrics at the moment and I can't seem to play a damn thing on my acoustic! Has this happened to anyone else here?
Quote by pENTAcUBE
Has anyone else ever experienced this? I have been playing my electric guitars for a long time now, and have given no love to my acoustic for almost 4 months now. The problem is that I'm without my electrics at the moment and I can't seem to play a damn thing on my acoustic! Has this happened to anyone else here?

god damn electric
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
If I had an acoustic, this would have happened to me....

Quote by sheumack111
I allways found that having sex while listening to Tool/Planet X/Dream Theater was hard because every time you tryed o keep the beat they would change time sig, then you would get pissed off and then loose your mojo for the nite.....

I fucking Lol'd
yeah you gotta get used to it again...or buy an acoustic w/ pickups and play that
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Quote by GangsterLi
god damn electric

+1 =D

I dunno. I play bass, but sometimes I find it better to play w/o plugging in because the acoustic sound lets you hear what you're really playing. Sometimes the amp and distortion can cover up your mistakes, while thats ok, it's better to have no mistakes to hide, amirite?
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
I wish i had an acoustic to play on

Id play a lot more fingerpicky, slow stuff if i did have one
Quote by steeLmonkeyz
I wish i had an acoustic to play on

Id play a lot more fingerpicky, slow stuff if i did have one

Play that kinda stuff on your clean channel, maybe with a little reverb.

Just start out by playing on acoustic what you would be playing on electric. If need be, learn a few chord shapes and noodle around with em. There's nothing that says you have to play X riff on electric and Y riff on acoustic. You might find some of your riffs sound better on the ol' gitbox
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
just force yourself to play it. Or listen to acoustic artists and get into that frame of mind. Leo Kottke, Andy McKee, Antoine DuFour, California Guitar Trio, Tom Rush, etc. In the future when you go to play guitar, stop before you pick up the electric. Just stop and stand there for a second, turn to the acoustic, walk over to it, and make yourself pick it up and start playing, even if you really wanna play electric.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
this used to happen to me alot, but good advice: now i never go a while without playing a guitar, it keeps the fingers and the mind in practice... i find it's easy to correct though; learn a few simple finger excersises, and when you pick it up, do those first, it'll teach you to get the feel of the guitar a little before you put any actual thought into it, it's a good way to "bond" with a guitar, which is totally essential.
It's not exactly the same but...

My buddy has an acoustic and I have two electrics. Whenever we're hanging out at his place someone ends up picking it up and messing with it. Eventually someone sends it to me and is like "hey you play a little don't you? Play us something." and I just freeze up.

I don't know anything that really sounds good acoustic. All I can ever think of is the intro to "one" which I don't play often enough to really remeber, or "sweet dreams". I know like four chords and no strummy songs that I can make out of them. I'm more of a "look at the tab and play it" guy
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
I play a Jackson DK-2 and an Ibanez RG through a Peavey 6505+ stack