Pretty self explanatory, just post any techniques you use that you either think are weird, or that you've never seen anyone else do.

For me, when I'm playing electric, and I have to strum chords quickly, I often won't use my pick to do so, and will instead use my middle finger as a pick while still holding onto the pick. I use this because it gives the strumming a little softer sound, since I use very thick picks.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
I see most other guitarists using picks, I don't at all.
"All I can do is be me, whoever that is." - Bob Dylan
I use clawhammer style. I think it's strange because I haven't come across a single other person that does it yet. So we must be a fairly uncommon bunch
Quote by sheumack111
I allways found that having sex while listening to Tool/Planet X/Dream Theater was hard because every time you tryed o keep the beat they would change time sig, then you would get pissed off and then loose your mojo for the nite.....

I fucking Lol'd
this is a practicing technique that a friend at college showed me

when you're working on left hand technique such as sweep patterns, legato etc, grip the top of the guitar neck with your right hand (so it mutes the strings) and then practice whatever it is you're doing with the left hand

(hope that makes sense)

edit: ^^ whats clawhammer style?
Quote by Joe4/4/1992

when you're working on left hand technique such as sweep patterns, legato etc, grip the top of the guitar neck with your right hand (so it mutes the strings) and then practice whatever it is you're doing with the left hand

(hope that makes sense)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clawhammer
"All I can do is be me, whoever that is." - Bob Dylan
Quote by Joe4/4/1992

(hope that makes sense)

Clawhammer style is a hybrid of flatpicking and fingerpicking. You use your pick for the bottom three bass strings, and your fingers for the top treble strings.
Of course if I'm sweeping I don't do it.
Quote by sheumack111
I allways found that having sex while listening to Tool/Planet X/Dream Theater was hard because every time you tryed o keep the beat they would change time sig, then you would get pissed off and then loose your mojo for the nite.....

I fucking Lol'd
Quote by rusty-knives
Clawhammer style is a hybrid of flatpicking and fingerpicking. You use your pick for the bottom three bass strings, and your fingers for the top treble strings.
Of course if I'm sweeping I don't do it.

oh cool
i've heard of the technique i just didn't know it was called clawhammer lol
haha, it would be pretty amazing if you could sweep with it
Quote by Joe4/4/1992
oh cool
i've heard of the technique i just didn't know it was called clawhammer lol
haha, it would be pretty amazing if you could sweep with it

Technically, I hybrid pick, but I accomplish the same sound as clawhammer with my pick, so it's fine.

You probably could sweep with it, like bass sweeping.
Quote by sheumack111

I fucking Lol'd
If I want a really wide vibrato I have this weird technique where I move my hand into a position where I can just use my finger to pull the string up and down. It just seems to give me a lot of control.
on a two hand tapping solo i wrote i have a section where one hand pulls off and the other hand catches the note behind it and then that hand pulls off for the other hand to catch it. its pretty useless but it impresses a crowd