Poll: What colour?
Poll Options
View poll results: What colour?
8 57%
2 14%
4 29%
Voters: 14.
Hey guys, recently I've started planning some stuff on a guitar I'll build in the future. Right now I have the basic shape and stuff ready to mold into a AWESOME IDEA.

BUT

One thing is bugging me.

COLOUR

Help me decide! I've narowed it down to three but I still can't decide! ARGH!

Note: these were made with MS paint
it will be top heavy

and id say black
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
it will be top heavy

and id say black

Yeah, I was think about balance but I really have no idea on how judge it lol. What things could I adjust to help it balance properly?

Oh, and I hate black. No offence, but it's not really to my taste. =/
blue then,

the only way to sort out the balance would be to adjust where the strap buttons are and rout a compartment for a weight i guess
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
NNNOOOOOOO ! lol

I just did a re-fret on a Gibson M3 thats almost exactly like that guitar, It was horrible.
I have no doubt yours will tur nout better than the gibson ones!

Quote by jscustomguitars
NNNOOOOOOO ! lol

I just did a re-fret on a Gibson M3 thats almost exactly like that guitar, It was horrible.
I have no doubt yours will tur nout better than the gibson ones!

Horrible in what way?

Build quality was terrible, sounded aweful, the trem had all but given up as most of the moving parts were f***ed and it played like a shovel with strings.

It was loads better once I'd done the refret dont get me wrong but the laquer was really thick, the inlays had a massive amount of filler around them.

On the up side it had great upper fret access. Most of the things that were wrong with it could easily be avoided if you built your own though
Last edited by jscustomguitars at Nov 30, 2008,
Awe sh*t, I guess I'll have to rethink this completely. Unless there is any way to make it turn out good of course lol.

Quote by Beginner Bass
None of the above. Try black.

Did you even read what I said before?
Quote by MoleMania
Awe sh*t, I guess I'll have to rethink this completely. Unless there is any way to make it turn out good of course lol.

No way, Like I said, these are all things that you can easily avoid coz your making it. Most of it was purely cosmetic and down to Gibsons sloppy finishing and quality control and the issue with the playability was because it'd never been maintained by the owner and played to hell and back.
Quote by jscustomguitars
No way, Like I said, these are all things that you can easily avoid coz your making it. Most of it was purely cosmetic and down to Gibsons sloppy finishing and quality control and the issue with the playability was because it'd never been maintained by the owner and played to hell and back.

Oh, okay then.

However, if I were to try and make it balance better would it pay off to do the routing for weights? Is any real way I'd know how many it would require?

Sorry if my questions are n00bish.
Quote by MoleMania
Did you even read what I said before?

Yes. All I'm saying is those don't appeal to me on this guitar. I would say C given only these three.
It balanced quite well on a strap coz the upper horn is at the 12th fret so its not gonna be that neck heavy.

Dont worry about it till its finished then you can always adjust its balance by where you put the strap buttons but I think you'll be ok so long as you dont use a swamp ash body and a rosewood neck or something. . . . . .
I voted for number 1...

the yellow wouldn't be bad if you tweaked the color a little either...
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
In my opinion, who cares if it's neck heavy? Throw on some strap locks and you'll learn to compensate for the tiny weight difference in like 20 minutes, if that. And if I had that, I would go for like a trans-green. You never see green guitars, and that thing screams for it.
Amps:
Crate Vintage Club 50
Epiphone Studio 10

Pedals:
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Digitech Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive
MXR 10 Band Equalizer
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff w/Top Boost
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Quote by ErikShep
In my opinion, who cares if it's neck heavy? Throw on some strap locks and you'll learn to compensate for the tiny weight difference in like 20 minutes, if that. And if I had that, I would go for like a trans-green. You never see green guitars, and that thing screams for it.

I was thinking about that actually, but with that paint that turns a different colour in different lights. So the main colour would be green, but with blue bits in the light. I've seen that on some cars, does anyone know what it's called?
If i have to pick from those 3, I'm gonna go with #1.
BUT- i think rust-colored would look sweet. Like a good brownish-orange.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Sea foam green FTW
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.