Page 1 of 2
So, today I read this thread by some Emo fag who likes to steal Sprite, and pick up chicks at KFC...(Just kidding Kosmic, we're cool?) but anyways he said he had been depressed for a while and like some stuff happened and now he is fine, not the point... Like 200 poeple posted on there about how they had also felt depressed and such, and it got me thinking (Just for your knowlage, I also often feel depressed) And I looked on the Hugging thread, and the relationship thread, and like 20 other threads (slight exaduration) and I saw that alot of people on here seem depressed. So I was pondering that perhaps it is common among musicians to be depressed, or perhaps among teens, or perhaps even just the Pit is depressing. I was wondering; how many people in the pit are depressed? Is it more common on the pit than in other places? Can my musicianship lead to chronic depression? Am I really going to get raped by that black guy in a rain coat?

tl;dr How many Pit dwellers are Depressed?
I'm not .. at all !!

'caus I pop one of these every 2 minutes

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

I lol'd at 'exaduration'.

And no, I doubt anyone on here is depressed. You're just upset/bored at times. Happens to everyone.
lot of guitarists and young musicians have emotional issues. some spoilt brats who freak when they dont get their way, some arrogant shredders who dont understand why nobody likes them, weird goths and emos who cant take it because they are ugly.
Quote by Chubbychunks

And no, I doubt anyone on here is depressed. You're just upset/bored at times. Happens to everyone.

"We carry death out of the village!"
Quote by Chubbychunks

Yeah, I can't spell so I just write stuff out fon-etic-ly
Quote by Chubbychunks

Had he said ^
Isn't depression more of a mental illness? It's annoying when teens go on about 'I'm so depressed blah blah blah'.
The thing is, everyone as problems. All the time. The internet is probably the easiest and most common 'out' for people to express their feelings. So you get a lot of people talking about their problems.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by Old Lady
Isn't depression more of a mental illness? It's annoying when teens go on about 'I'm so depressed blah blah blah'.

THIS!!!!

sadly i suffer from it
People say they're "depressed" without realising that depression is actually a serious mental illness.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Nope, i'm not depressed. The only thing wrong with me is that I have a superiority complex.

But then again I don't see that as a problem.
Quote by Old Lady

Yep. I hate to generalise but those people who claim to be depressed like that are more than likely spoilt twats. Depression is a mental illness.

I'm happy. There are times when I'll feel down, but I am generally happy.
Everyone on this website would like to think they are depressed because they want to be different. Some people on this are depressed because i've talked to them, however the vast majority are just being pricks because they want attention. Also don't listen to any teenagers on the forums they're idiots, i know as i'm one of them.
Quote by Old Lady

I DO suffer from the mental disorder "Depression" and I don't appreciate your assumption that all teens are whinney morons with no real problems.
Since being on Lexapro, I am no longer depresseed. So no, I do not feel depressed

Sanity is not statistical
Right now, a little, my friend was jumped yesterday and I think he's in hospital.

I am often quite depressed, I think about suicide everyday, and everyday my life seems to veer off course a little more, I'm afraid my life is gonna be terrible and I'll never do what I want to, but that's normal.

Everyone is down sometimes, all depression is is chronic lifelessness, despair and sadness leading to psychological problems and sometimes physical ones.

Everyone experiences that, I get it all the time, and loads of people do. It is normal.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
More than likely alot of members of UG are depressed since depression is one of the largest mental diseases in the world. And out of <1 million members, we're gonna have a large number of depressed people.

But yeah, whoever said that the internet was the easiest way to vent, this is probably what it is.
Quote by fret-less
I DO suffer from the mental disorder "Depression" and I don't appreciate your assumption that all teens are whinney morons with no real problems.

but you have to admit that half the wankers that brag on about their depression dont have real problems they just have Materialistic issues
Quote by Marskell
but you have to admit that half the wankers that brag on about their depression dont have real problems they just have Materialistic issues

Agreed, I used to hang out with this girl who was always like"I'm so depressed, I'm gonna kill myself" what a dumb bitch... she's dead now...
Last edited by fret-less at Nov 30, 2008,
My theory is this: Depression is a stage of puberty onset by modern society, which is why depression has been more common in recent years (That and posers), but it is simply a phase for most, although a serious disease for some, so I'm betting most people on here will have been depressed at one stage or another, and a few will have serious depression which requires anti depressants and such...

Idk, that's just what I think, I suffered from depression for a while, but managed to overthrow it...

Edit: I also believe depression has been manipulated by society into a mix of attention seeking emotions and true depression, hence the 'depressed' people always saying they'll commit suicide/actually doing so. Although that can also be from a true sense of dispair.

Am I coming on too strong here?
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Last edited by Jesstaa at Nov 30, 2008,
what? i ment the people who constantly dwell on how much their life sucks, how much they want to die and broadcast it to everyone, those people in my experience are the fakers... no one with depression feels depressed 24/7. i should know, im bipolar
I am in a pretty low point in my life, but I am sure I will get through it eventually.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by Marskell
what? i ment the people who constantly dwell on how much their life sucks, how much they want to die and broadcast it to everyone, those people in my experience are the fakers... no one with depression feels depressed 24/7. i should know, im bipolar

WHAT? WTF does bipolarmania have to do with depression?

And yes, Emo=Poser, in most cases
i dont think i've ever been depressed in my life, that said i do get the blues quite often but it's all good
Quote by Marskell

Bipolar depression is different from Chronic Depression. You will experience extreme highs and extreme lows, those with Chronic Depression will always feel low.

But yeah, if you broadcast your depression with the line "I want to kill myself" then you're more likely putting it on.
Quote by boreamor
But yeah, if you broadcast your depression with the line "I want to kill myself" then you're more likely putting it on.

this guy knows his shit obdviously

bipolar is extreme highs and lows but for me the lows can last longer than the highs

cronic depression would suck as would seasonal
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
I'm not depressed, but I am however a beacon of negative energy. Just my way.

Same. I have no idea why people want to spend time with me, but they seem to anyway.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
The Pit makes me happy.

Often when I feel down I'll fall into the Pit and usually I come out happier.

I love you Pit.
Quote by mon_the_fraser
Some people on this are depressed because i've talked to them, however the vast majority are just being pricks because they want attention. Also don't listen to any teenagers on the forums they're idiots, i know as i'm one of them.

You're that bad eh?

And no, not all teenagers are idiots. Just a fair few are.
Quote by fret-less

I didn't say no teenagers have actual depression, a lot of them do but there's also a lot of ones who say they are depressed and are just brats.
I do indeed have depression. Unfortunately
Questions of science,
Science and progress,
Do not speak as loud as my heart.

its easier to vent out depression via the pit or the net cause its easier to tell an anonymous being your problems rather than a councillor or a friend. (cause they judge)
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
Page 1 of 2