I decided that I want to get the X3 . I am excited about the amp modeling. I see that on the line 6 website you can download patches from other users.
1. Can anyone tell me about the quality of these patches?

2. How quickly can you switch between patches in a live situation?
1. Make your own patches most on Custom tone are rubbish!
2. Very quickly and easily no more tap dancing, I used to use a full on pedal board but since I switching to the pod my pedal board hasn't even made it out of its case! Buy one you won't regret it!
GEAR.

Schecter C1 FR Alpine White
Epi SG 310 (Heavily Modded)
Pod X3 Live
Orange AD30TC

YEAH!

1. Good as a starting point.

2. Very quick and simple.

I agree with 13-GUITARIST. I've had mine for a year and it's wonderful, but i still do some dancing around cuz i have some more separate pedals in my chain (whammy, wah, volume pedal, talkbox, and looper).
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
^ Read? Or heard for yourself? Big difference there..

I suggest you try both, with the amp of your choice, to see which one offers best distortion. I can tell you, though, that the GT has better distortion pedal models.
I was really leaning towards the Boss. The music store next to my house doesn't have either effects pedals. I listened to both on the net, mainly through youtube. I didn't hear any promising high gain patches from the boss. If I could hear something promising in the metal department for the boss I would reconsider
There are some good tones on the tone exchange, a couple clever ones...but it's a very poorly organized site and the good ones are hard to find :[

I think I should just make my own site for Pod tones. imma get on that
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
The first thing that I looked for on that site were ratings for patches. I couldn't believe that they did not have that.