Just wondering how reliable the VOXAC30 amplifier is? I've read around that it is not that reliable do to the age of it? Is this true and if so, what other valve amps are out there would you recommend for someone who regularly gigs and uses effects pedals for a kind of Oasis sound?
Cheers
Orite, well I've heard that for some people it goes on them and breaks after a few months, weeks or even days of having it?

Are there any other valve amps out there similar to the VOX AC30 that work well with effects pedals?

Cheers.
Quote by jacko_17
Orite, well I've heard that for some people it goes on them and breaks after a few months, weeks or even days of having it?

Are there any other valve amps out there similar to the VOX AC30 that work well with effects pedals?

Cheers.

Some people say they eat tube like the cookie monster. But, it should be pretty solid.

The Laney VC30 has a similar sound, good quality, and much cheaper.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
The vintage AC30s are notorious for crapping out on you, the new ones aren't as far as I know. I haven't heard any negative reports so far.

What is your budget? And are you looking for an amp for home use or for band reahearsels and gigging?
I have found this amp:

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 40 Watt 1x12" All Valve Combo Guitar Amplifier

What do you lot think of it as an amp for regularly gigging in a band and practising with. I play in a rock (Oasis type) band with quite a few effects. Looking to use distortion pedals for my distortion sound, is that advisable or should I use the amps distortion?

Thanks a lot.
That amp is nothing like an AC30, not to mention the drive on it sucks. If you're only using the clean channel it's ok, but it's still nothing like the AC30.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Well I think it would mean me just using the clean on it and therefore using effects with it. Would this be as good as the VOX AC30?
Cheers.