Title says it pretty much. I'm looking for a combo that I can pratice with, and then plug it into the cab to show off

I don't mind if it's tube or solid state. The only oe I know of is the Blackheart Something or other. Sorry, I'm not that good with names...

Thanks in advance
I've heard you could, but on the online shops I go to (My local shop isn't great) don't say which can drive a cab.
Depends which amps.

What music do you play? Whats your budget?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I try to play everything, pretty much. I'm using an Epi SG G-400 Les Paul Custom, which I've decided I'm going to use for Clapton/Hendrix slow blues stuff. So mainly that.

I'm undecided on my budget, I have £200 at my disposal, but if it's worth it I'll save as much as I can.
Quote by SLD.Potato
Peavey Classic 30!

That's what I have.

I like the looks of it, but no matching cab that I can find...

Edit : Found it, but its not to my taste, plus it's the same price as the combo.
I'd save quite a bit more money and get the Orange Tiny Terror head and cab, its very good.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I have looked at it, but I'm not quite sure. I'd still want to play at low levels at prctice and beef it up for performance, like a combo and cab.
look at your combo and find the ohm

then look for a cab and find a matching ohm

they will be able to play together but might sound **** (ie peavey 5150 combo with a behringer cab)

edit

if you want to perform live just get the technician to mic it up to the pa system

edit again

your amp is 8 or 16 ohms

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-dt-412-cab/367

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/marshall-1960tv/300

that took me not even five minutes to find suitable cabs
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Last edited by ChazBcWarlock at Nov 30, 2008,
The Marshall 1974X has a matching cab, but But it's controls go

Tremlo:
Speed, Intensity, Tone, Volume
Normal:
Tone, Volume

I'm savin for it for 1,800. If you had the money to get it, I'd advise you to get an EQ pedal if you don't already have one, because of the limited ability of the amp. The Extention cab is only 700 dollars, which is 300 dollars less than the acuall amp. the amp it'self is 18Watts, but the cab is 20Watts. if you search on guitar center, you might be able to wiggle a deal on them.
Quote by DeadlySurfer
I have looked at it, but I'm not quite sure. I'd still want to play at low levels at prctice and beef it up for performance, like a combo and cab.

A cab won't do that for you...extra speakers don't make your amp any louder, they just mean the sound is coming from a different place.

If you have a litre of water and pour it into a 10 litre bucket you've still only got 1 litre of water, it's the same principle with amps and cabs. If you have a 10 watt amp and plug it into a 100 watt cab you've still only got 10 watts of power driving those speaker to create sound.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I swear, I saw the title and was like "Combo amps that can drive a cab? I've GOT to see this...", thinking that there would be some stupid thread on amps driving taxi cabs. Needless to say, I'm highly disappointed.

At any rate... You can plug pretty much any combo into a cab. Just make sure your ohms match up, and plug the cab into the external speaker out. It won't make it any louder, though.
Every combo can drive a cab, some just need some slight modification to do so.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not