Hey,

Im toyed over what to get for XMAS this year... I have literally just upgraded most stuff I have so I dont need anything really... but I was thinking about my amp..

I have the Peavey Valveking 112 at the moment and its great..

I noticed the Bugera 6262 head and Bugera 412H Cab for a decent price and looked at some reviews on YouTube etc and it sounds great...

Would you say that its a decent step up, or am I buying something I will not notice much difference in..

Im not amazingly clued up on guitar gear but I supose going from a valvestate to a fullvalve is a good thing yeh?

Please give me some guidance...

Thanks,

Rowan
Im not amazingly clued up on guitar gear but I supose going from a valvestate to a fullvalve is a good thing yeh?

good old guitar store .. any way your amp is more reliable than a bugera and you are not going from hybrid to tube it is tube to tube
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
bugera's are very unreliable, at the end of the day they are behringer's,

save up some more, you dont need a half stack for gigging or anything, try and get the peavey 5150 comb second hand or the jcm800 cab second hand
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
bugera's are very unreliable, at the end of the day they are behringer's,

save up some more, you dont need a half stack for gigging or anything, try and get the peavey 5150 comb second hand or the jcm800 cab second hand

Although your suggestion isn't bad, who told you that Bugera's are unreliable? That's bull****. If you're going by the 3 or 4 people who have had problems and posted here about them you're making a mistake. Bugera's are actually pretty damn good amps. There are LOTS of people using them without a single issue. Don't generalize.
well i went to my local guitar shop, went to get a bugera

and the shop said (who i am mates with) that they've order 5 bugera's and had to send 4 back within a week because they've gone wrong
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Well if anyone on this board has or has had a Bugera amp please give me your opinions.

It looks awsome, its had good reviews and the sounds I have heard on YouTube from it are awsome....
Quote by .Rowan

VKs are all tube/all valve, not valvestate or hybrids.

If you're not satisfied with the VK, then try out the Bugera to see if you like it. Also maybe try the VK plugged into the cab (make sure it's 16 ohms first!)

The biggest problem most people have with the VK comes from the stock speaker, so...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by .Rowan
Well if anyone on this board has or has had a Bugera amp please give me your opinions.

It looks awsome, its had good reviews and the sounds I have heard on YouTube from it are awsome....

I own the 6262 head. It's a great amp, and also gives you as very versatile palette of tones to work with. Good cleans on it, a good crunch sound that will give you any sort of classic rock/blues sound, and a great lead channel for anything heavy. Awesome amp, especially for the price.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by Highwaytohell
I would just upgrade the **** out of the VK personally...

Really? The Bugera has better tone I would say.

And I would know ;P
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
WAIT!!!

Are the two amps both full valves :S

Theyre must be some difference in them...
As others have said, I would much rather just upgrade your VK. Get someone to put some new tubes and speaker in it
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Highwaytohell
I would just upgrade the **** out of the VK personally...
Yeah but that's a crap idea isn't it really

^ They are both valve, but there are differences of course... IE the Bugera is better.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
The Bugera is a better amp tone wise man. Go for it.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by Exo M7
As others have said, I would much rather just upgrade your VK. Get someone to put some new tubes and speaker in it

Well I just sold my Modded ValveKing and I can guarantee the Bugera is miles ahead of it in terms of tone. I was actually afraid the guy would think the Vypyr he tried was better than it.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

My friend got a Bugera 6262. A connector fried, all the tubes blew and the output transformer broke also. This was three months after he got it. It sounded pretty good though.
Well if everyone is saying it sounds good then I think I will go for it.

Just incase I wanna go for a step up, does anyone have any HEAD and CABs tht I should go for that are only maybe another £100 or so more?
Quote by mike.h
Well I just sold my Modded ValveKing and I can guarantee the Bugera is miles ahead of it in terms of tone. I was actually afraid the guy would think the Vypyr he tried was better than it.

Did the same thing. Just sold my heavily modded VK. When I took my celestions out, and undid the dummy jack trick, I almost couldn't believe how bad it sounded. Fully modded it sounded decent and had enough gain for metal. I just always found it didn't have enough definition in its tone. There was enough gain, but not enough tone. I guess you can't mod what's just not there.
gear:
-Ibanez ART 120 (w/EMG 81/85)
-Ibanez RG 1570
-Peavey 6505
-Tube-Town TTC 212V
-ISP Decimator G-String
-Maxon OD-9
-T-rex Fuel tank Junior

Coming soon:
-BBE Sonic Maximizer
-EQ
Quote by fearo
Did the same thing. Just sold my heavily modded VK. When I took my celestions out, and undid the dummy jack trick, I almost couldn't believe how bad it sounded. Fully modded it sounded decent and had enough gain for metal. I just always found it didn't have enough definition in its tone. There was enough gain, but not enough tone. I guess you can't mod what's just not there.

Yup, thats the issue I have... She has no soul is the best way I can describe it...

And a side note, its that way with most budget tube amps...
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Dec 1, 2008,
no where to get a bugera the guitar shop shut down by the police
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Ive got a 6262 with the 412 and it's sick

Nouts gone wrong with it, had it 2 years or so, use it everyday, propper thrash it every other day.

Thought something actually ****ed up on it the they day though.
It didn't, I just needed to change the battery in my guitar.

Really good combo though mate. You can get some really nice sounds from it.
I've got videos on YouTube of guitar covers when I use it. They're from a while back, but the amp still sounds the same. Bugera even commented on a couple of them which is pretty cool too

Deffo recommend it
Quote by alexgepgepgep
like getting punched in the face with awesome

Quote by diler1089
"I am Osiris" at 2.22 i like how it goes "BA-BA-BA-BA---Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba---BA-BA--Ba-Ba-

its badass.

FAIR ONE
Quote by hans the lefty
no where to get a bugera the guitar shop shut down by the police

wow is selling Bugera a crime now

OP what are your tonal needs and do you really need a 4x12.
Er... Four year old thread?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100