Hey,

Passed my test a couple of weeks ago and now i'm looking for a car.

I've been looking at getting a 1999 Ford Focus 1.4 CL or a Peugeot 206 but i'm not really sure what else there is available.

I don't want a chav wagon so i've ruled out the following

- Citroen Saxo
- Renault Clio
- Peugeot 106
- Ford Fiesta
- Vauxall Corsa (this especially because i hate them with a passion)
- Ford KA

I've got about £1500 and i'm not really sure what this will get me.

Any advice would be great

Cheers
Dan

you forgot to utline the worst honda crx

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Buy used (In case you haven't worked that out already)

Insurance is going to be a bitch, for a new male driver.
Spend hundreds, if that, on the car, because the more expensiv the car is, the more expensive the insurance will be.

Good call on the no chavwagon thing though
Quote by sleazydan
Hey,

Passed my test a couple of weeks ago and now i'm looking for a car.

I've been looking at getting a 1999 Ford Focus 1.4 CL or a Peugeot 206 but i'm not really sure what else there is available.

I don't want a chav wagon so i've ruled out the following

- Citroen Saxo
- Renault Clio
- Peugeot 106
- Ford Fiesta
- Vauxall Corsa (this especially because i hate them with a passion)
- Ford KA

I've got about £1500 and i'm not really sure what this will get me.

Any advice would be great

Cheers
Dan

Peugot 206 is a beast, friend of mine has and that thing has gotten quite the beating. Still going like a monster, those things are tough.

Ford KA is a womans car, I've never been too impressed with Vauxhalls
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
I'd suggest going Ford, I've had my 98 Fiesta a bit over 2 years and it's given me very little trouble, parts are easy and cheap to replace and it's great to drive. But comfort is the main thing to look at so you'll have to do a lot of test driving to see which car you really want.
Quote by DeaThrash

Way out of budget there
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
sorry for the double post, but my dad had a dolomite, and it was a beautiful car
hello
Quote by opc100

I would buy that!!! Thats to go to be true though, no way that car drives "lovely" after 28 years with 5 previous owners. For £250 thats a steal

My father owned one too lol, but edit your post rather than double posting. I think the dolomite is out of the question though lol As a car its a fine one, but for looks you'd want something a bit modern really, and there are plenty of used cars out there that still look great and drive like they the day they were made.
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"