ok so say i wanted to play with a friend of mine and have a little show for some people
what would we need for vocals?
like micraphones....what do you connect them to?
if you dont wanna spend the money, find a place to rent them or find a friend that has a pa
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
If you can get your hands on a mixing board (just a simple four input one would probably do) then you can run your mics through the mixer (so that you can adjust the volume & eq for each individual mic) and then run the mixer through an amp. (you'll need an amp for this, not just a speaker cabinet).

PAs would give better sound and you would have multiple speakers around the stage, but failing that the mixer/amp combo works fine... it's what my band uses when we practice.
How many people... and what sized room?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by james9119
i just wanna find out what to do about mics and stuff

first we need to know

Quote by axemanchris
How many people... and what sized room?

CT
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
i thought you were talking about like a little acoustic gig or something..

but anyway your gonna want to plug in a PA.

where are you playing.. a venue? garage? backyard? living room?
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
yes...what would i need for say a two person acoustic show
at probably a small venue
You can get away with a really small compact system for that. A couple of mics, stands, cables, and a modest power amp with a couple of vocal PA speakers and you should be good.

Is this a one-off, or will you be doing this sort of thing frequently? If it is a one-off, your best bet would be going to your music store, telling them what you want to do, and getting their advice on which rental system will work best for you. You're not going to have to spend much at all for something like that. $40 maybe?

A pair of these maybe? That would be enough to play a medium sized hall, like a large gymnasium or something.
http://www.dv247.com/invt/22344/

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Last edited by axemanchris at Dec 7, 2008,