Mikenasty
21 IQ
I've been playing a little guitar on and off for a few years and i want to learn to play songs from bands like Emarosa, Attack Attack, (screamo). Does anyone have any tips they can give me to start out, exercises, good songs to start off learning. Im having trouble strumming for some reason as well :\ but any help would be very welcome, thanks!
JWD32792
1,473 IQ
The first hardcore song that i learned was Utah by Emarosa. Its pretty easy assuming you have some basic knowledge of the fretboard, heres the tab I made for it.

Theres a couple places where the strumming could be one or multiple, i usually did multiple but yeah.

After that try I Am Waves I'm working on it now. As far as what to learn, work on going between playing and hitting those chords like

E|--------|
B|----4--|
G|----7--|
D|--------|
A|--------|
D|--------|

They show up a lot and can be tricky at first
Attachments:
Utah.zip
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Mikenasty
21 IQ
yeah, im getting committed and putting myself on a practice schedule....

... and i just realized i put this thread on the completely wrong part of the forum.

my bad
pmeg568c
UG Spammer
5,502 IQ
i hate you, please don't call attack attack screamo. i swear they are the worst thing to happen to music all year.

edit: anyone looking for a good laugh, check out that tab too. hahahah
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
RawrSlinky
169 IQ
Quote by pmeg568c
i hate you, please don't call attack attack screamo. i swear they are the worst thing to happen to music all year.

edit: anyone looking for a good laugh, check out that tab too. hahahah

I don't see what's so funny about that tab. Seriously though, don't call crappy TDWP ripoffs screamo.
waldorphPRS41
quixotic
1,984 IQ
Quote by RawrSlinky
I don't see what's so funny about that tab. Seriously though, don't call crappy TDWP ripoffs screamo.

Did you read it? It's just open drop strumming and dissonance.
RawrSlinky
169 IQ
Quote by waldorphPRS41
Did you read it? It's just open drop strumming and dissonance.

No there's a part w/ tapping

....lol kidding but you don't have to make fun of his tab just because the song sucks. I was expecting the tab to just make absolutely no sense or something.
JWD32792
1,473 IQ
Yeah I mean you may not like the song but its accurate nonetheless. And no, its not the best hardcore song out there but it was easy enough for me to learn when i was like 4 months in.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab