I am considering participating in this talent show, this show usually brings an assortment of rappers and dancers, and now a couple bands have been playing. I am allied with a band, but we as a group will not be attending it. I however, wish to participate, but I have a problem finding a song that would be good for playing on guitar all by itself.

I was wondering if you, The Pit, had any suggestions. Effects aren't too much of a problem, since I'm using a BOSS GT-8.
Kate perry - I kissed a girl
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Anything by green day would kill.
hendrix was overrated and grohl is better in food fighters than in nirvana
Just Shred or something
Gear
Ibanez GRG170DX
Bluerock Begginers Strat
Fender Acoustic
Bluerock Begginers 10W Amp
Lne 6 Spider 3 15
Gear to come
Les Paul Copy(Fixing up to be good)
Layla?
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Surfin' With the Alien- Joe Satriani

Or any other guitar-oriented instrumental, for that matter.
Flight of the Bumblebee or Caprice No. 5 if you want to go into classical (pretty advanced though)

Otherwise, I would reccomend Paul Gilbert's Get out of my Yard, (also advanced, and you'll have to do a pretty weird tuning) or Buckethead's Nottingham Lace.
^this guy plays guitar overhand. WTF? YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG, N00B!!!!!!!1!11
Never break eye contact with the hottest teacher in your school whilst playing an acoustic version of Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher". Who knows, you might even get laid.
I should probably add that I need a song that has no singing as well. Nothing too advanced either (Cliffs of Dover, Mr. Scary etc..)

Though I could probably get a singer...but just in case, give me some songs without lyrics or songs that would just sound good with guitar by itself, because I'm drawing blanks.
get a acoustic-electric with 2 necks 12&6 strings
and play Stairway To heaven,
and if there is a "NO Stairway" Sign,your fuccked.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Angelina- Tommy Emanual
if you want to go acoustic, his stuff is really good and its not to hard.

Classical Gas- Mason Williams, its sort of classical
either that or freebird
I assume that you're going electric. In that case, you may just want to do some sort of solo that will stand on it's own. Search the internet for other famous guitarists' solo spots for inspiration.

I, however, would suggest going acoustic simply because it sounds better on it's own. If that's the case, then there's only one way to turn. Clap.
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
Pokémon Theme !!!!

EDIT: Beat Metaldud to it!!
SIGNATURE
It has to be one EVERYONE knows, otherwise it will just seem stupid.

Sweet Child O' Mine
Purple Haze
Enter Sandman
Welcome to the Jungle

Stuff like that.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by KaFuCh
Pokémon Theme !!!!

EDIT: Beat Metaldud to it!!

Psshh, Metaldud isn't stupid. He clearly knows that TS could never live up to the standards of the original Pokémon Theme tune and therefore he did not suggest it.
Seriously, use your head
Quote by EmancipatedSoul
I cum blood.

Only song ever fitting to play in a talent show.

It took 22 posts for this suggestion?

Come on pit. I expected better.
eruption
Gear Wish list:

Gibson Custom Les Paul Left handed

ISP Decimator

Maxon OD808

Peavey 6505 Halfstack

Gear Fund: 0/6000
Maybe TS should play I cum blood, just not sing, it'd be hilarious if a UG'er knew... O_O conspiracy theory forrrmmiinngggg!
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Freebird, eruption, no... through the fire and flames, with one guitar and a loop pedal (Such as Boss RC-2) and a HARMONICA! Now let me see you wave those hands in the air!.... GO CRAZY!!!!
Quote by thefeedingend
Quote by EmancipatedSoul
I cum blood

Only song fitting for a talent show.
It took 22 posts for this suggestion?

Come on pit. I expected better.

haha SIGGED! sorry for double post
Last edited by CrimsonBizzare at Nov 30, 2008,
Quote by Kensai
Kate perry - I kissed a girl

And more and more, by the day, I swear Kensai is turning into, or is/has been in a previous life/wants to be a horny 14 year old girl.
Quote by blinktbs
power rangers

Listen to this man. I was seriously considering doing it for my school's talent show.
How about Hendrix's live version of Star Spangled Banner? Or, as the other guy said, Power Rangers. Either one.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Demoralising women is just one of the many services we provide here at UG
Quote by Necrophile
I am considering participating in this talent show, this show usually brings an assortment of rappers and dancers, and now a couple bands have been playing. I am allied with a band, but we as a group will not be attending it. I however, wish to participate, but I have a problem finding a song that would be good for playing on guitar all by itself.

I was wondering if you, The Pit, had any suggestions. Effects aren't too much of a problem, since I'm using a BOSS GT-8.

Am I the only one who read that as rapers?
wat.