The question is "If you could invent one useful thing for humankind, what would it be?"

I need ideas since I feel like shat. I'll be tweaking them anyway, but PLEASE HELP. I can't think right now.
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
Goddammit frededdonna.

You beat me.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Put something like "a machine that could convert ocean water to clean, drinkable water in an efficient manner."
an improved version of communism
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
Erm, do something like, a CO2 catching device, or a car that runs on CO2, or something environmentally friendly, things always get better marks if they're topical.

OR, do something controversial, or extremely offensive, like a machine that makes all black people white, or vise versa.
hello
A device to perform an enema so the doctor won't have to use his damn index finger anymore.
Gaydar!
It would prevent some pretty awkward moments.
Last edited by Zeldaik at Nov 30, 2008,
Invent something to put in your head that gives it another use besides holding your hair in place. Think for yourself and maybe you'll actually get an idea that you're passionate about.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
Teleport FTW!
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by opc100
Erm, do something like, a CO2 catching device, or a car that runs on
OR, do something controversial, or extremely offensive, like a machine that makes all black people white, or vise versa.

Do eet... How `bout the euthanasia of stupid people? Just make sure you pick something that you can effectively defend.
Quote by opc100
Erm, do something like, a CO2 catching device, or a car that runs on CO2, or something environmentally friendly, things always get better marks if they're topical.

http://www.ucalgary.ca/news/september2008/keith-carboncapture
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
A) Heisenberg compensator
B) An artificially intelligent shock collar to ingrain social skills into home-schooled kids when they have to go out in public
C) A highly effective, non-oil-based lubricant to improve the efficiency of every machine on earth
D) A robot that will tow away empty cars left parked in front of the gas pump when their owners go inside to use the bathroom and pick up some snacks
E) Auto-pilot for all motorized vehicles
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
a automated fapping machine?
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
Cars that run on garbage.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Do they make remote controls for your t.v. with a beeper? They need to make one! I hate digging around the house looking for a t.v. remote. If it had a beeper I wouldn't have to look. I'd just listen.

EDIT: but then I'd have to have another remote to activate the beeper. That means they need to have a beeper on the remote I activate the beeping t.v. remote.
Last edited by justin129 at Nov 30, 2008,
A Tree Bark Organizer. A little box you put on a tree that you move downwards with your hand. And it makes all the tree bark nice and straight and gets rid of any bumps or jagged edges. Either that, or bullets in the shape of Santa. You can now literally shoot joy from a gun.

Edit: Guy above me, put a button on the T.V that activates the beeping?
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
Quote by americnidiot
Put something like "a machine that could convert ocean water to clean, drinkable water in an efficient manner."

already exists
Well, personally (having just applied to colleges a month ago) I would think about what you want to major in. Try to mention that you plan to major in (insert major here) in the most subtle manner possible. Then try to mention how you will use the skills and knowledge you'd gain to invent something useful in your field.

Don't use the typical crap that every kid says they'd like to invent (new energy source, etc.) Try to be somewhat realistic and come from an angle that the college admissions people won't expect. They may have to read a hundred essays a day about finding a new energy source, or converting ocean water to drinkable water. Find something that in 10 or 20 years you may actually have a shot at inventing.
Quote by pwnerer
What a horribly elementary question... You're in college you say? It sounds like 3rd grade question....or one of those questions you ask in beauty pagents...

+1
I was writing things like that when I was in primary school. This is the second horrific 'college' essay question I've seen in the Pit in the last week, I hope it isn't indicative of the quality of American universities!

What paper is it for?

Edit: If it's a college entry question then the guy before me has got some pretty good advice.
A device that would mix the pigment of everyone's skin, thereby averaging everyone out to a beige sort of color, and eliminating visible minorities, except for those that wear clothing that indicates their minority-ness.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Chocolate balloons
Flame-retardant jetskies
Water-powered chainsaws
People wings
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I'm not retarded... I definitely could think of ideas, but thinking of one that could be elaborated on in a one page-ish essay and have multiple effects beyond the most rudimentary apparent ones was difficult.

I ended up going with a device that can rapidly recycle noxious unbreathable gases into oxygen. I then explained how we could do extended research about zero-gravity effects on life, how we could colonize the ocean floor and live their indefinitely, how we could continue using fossil fuels and clean up our atmosphere at the same time, how we could colonize other planets and solve territorial disputes and avert war...

I integrated it quite well into the world. I almost did a CO2 recycling machine, but then I realized that that's called a 'plant.'

Either way I wrote the essay and submitted it, and now it's in Ja's hands.
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
Essay is an argument, so would you be arguing why your invention would be the best thing to make?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile