whats the difference between the boss ds1 and the od3, whats overdrive? i have the ds1 but iam not completely satisfied, thinking of buying the OD3. Also i want to get a sound like metalica, which pedal should i buy, maybe the metal core or the metal zone?
a distortion pedal tries to replicate a famous amp's distortion channel, while an OD replicates a clean tube amp being turned up until it distorts
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
if you wanna sound like Metallica, don't get an OD-3, get a high gain pedal like the Metal Zone, Metal Core, or search for other pedals like the Metal Muff
Hola.
Umm, don't get any of them. What kind of amp do you have?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
thanks, i want the od3 aswell for different playing style. could u tell me a well known guitarist who uses overdrive a lot so i have a better idea of its sound, i have a laney vc30
Last edited by skilly1 at Nov 30, 2008,
Everyone uses overdrive or some sort unless they play clean.

If your VC30 doesn't have enough gain I'd suggest using something like a bad monkey or a maxon OD for a boost.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
A Keeley modded Boss Metal Zone is the best metal pedal I've ever heard. It's not cheap though...
I'm just wondering why you'd get a vc-30 to play metallica and such
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
ive only just started to like metalica, i like a wide variety of music, my taste does vary often.
I say get a good overdrive pedal with some gain on tap. The boss ones are not what you'd want to be looking at. What do you think your max budget would be?
You can get early Metallica tones by boosting your Laney's gain channel with a Boss OD-3.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION