Hey, I'm working on building a guitar, and I'm thinking about making it semi hollow, with hollow wings and a center solid strip. Anyways, I've heard those can get some feedback and noise issues. On top of that, I'm hoping to put p90s in it, and I know those can get kinda noisy... What kind of extra noise would I get, and how could I control it?
Thanks!
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?
feedback =/= pickup noise.

The noise that comes from P-90s comes from random electro magnetic waves that are practically everywhere. It has nothing to do with feedback and a guitar with P-90s does not have bigger feedback problems than one with humbuckers.
The hum from P-90s is only noticable when you are not playing and it's not much anyway unless you crank your amps distortion. If you keep the gain level bellow, let's say, the amount you need for classic rock, you won't have problems.
So then would p90s have less hum than normal single coils?
Quote by tjfishrocker

Quote by Natrone

Nope, P-90s are technically single coils and have the same amount of hum. It's not too bad though unless you crank the gain, which you probably won't be doing with a semi acoustic anyway.
Sweet, thank you, sir... I know my stock Squier pickups have lots of hum, but probably a lot more than most single coils, since they're stock Squier XD
Quote by tjfishrocker

Quote by Natrone