First, sometimes when I play certain riffs or parts to a song (for instance the Intro to Sweet Child O Mine), no matter how hard I try, I end up getting the buzzing of the string when switching to the next note in the intro. For example, the intro to Sweet Child O Mine goes like this (I'm not putting the strings, but those who know the song should get the idea) 12 - 15 - 14- 12 - 15 -14 - 14 - 14

Now, after playing the second 12th fret note, I go to the 15-14, but the buzz of the previous note covers up alot of it and my playing ends up sounding very sloppy. Any advice?

Two more questions as well. 1. Why is it bad to use the fleshy part of your hand to palm mute(besides the fact that doing really fast riffs while palm muting becomes difficult).

2. Is it okay to lay your finger over the strings in chords that aren't barre chords?

Example:
D - 5
A - 5
E - 3

In a chord like that, what I usually do is put my index finger on the third fret and lay my pinky or ring finger of the other frets. is that okay to do?
Quote by Necrophile

2. Is it okay to lay your finger over the strings in chords that aren't barre chords?

Example:
D - 5
A - 5
E - 3

In a chord like that, what I usually do is put my index finger on the third fret and lay my pinky or ring finger of the other frets. is that okay to do?

a lot of people play them like that.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Dude....Whatever works to get the desired sound using the least movement and effort. Whatever.
Ah, alright. I'm sorry, I had thought that a barre chord looked like this
e- 8
B- 8
D- 7
G- 6
A- 8
E- 8

or something like that.

If I could get some input on my other questions it would be very helpful. I have another one too.

I have a floyd rose bridge on my Jackson guitar, is it possible to tune it in Drop C? Cause I don't seem to be able to...
Quote by Necrophile

I have a floyd rose bridge on my Jackson guitar, is it possible to tune it in Drop C? Cause I don't seem to be able to...
yeah, it is possible, try getting someone else to tune it or use tuning equiptment

Oh, and about your other questions:
The one about the buzzing,
try turning distortion down, if it's not that, then it's either a dud fret (look to see if there is one) or the bridge. EDIT: I re-read your question sorry, it's probably more likely to be the amp.

The palm muting thing - no idea, i don't do it much with electric, there's no point, my only guess is you accidently push down to hard and deaden the note; i hate that .
Last edited by CrimsonBizzare at Nov 30, 2008,