Is Gak a safe website, and does the guitar come tuned and set up? Also, general feedback of the website please.
I've never had a problem, everythings arrived very soon, very high quality, guitar set up very well.
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

Quote by NKF176
Is Gak a safe website, and does the guitar come tuned and set up? Also, general feedback of the website please.

GAK... nah mate, its not a good website ... its a ****ing awesome website!

its all safe and its pretty cheap aswell. ive got every bit of my gear from the website
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
I'd recommend GAK to anyone, it tends to be where i prefer to order from. I got my SG from them, and it came set up beautifully, never had to adjust it at all, except when i started using heavier guauge strings.
i wouldn't recommend it, especially not at this time of year - it WILL take them until about may 2009 to ship whatever you order due to the christmas surge of orders, and don't expect them to let you know about it.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
I had some problems buying as guitar through them (Esentially I changed the delivering address and didn't think when the delivering address and the card's address were different the system might go 'hang on a minute'), but Every time I've asked about feedback they've been quick, the prices are great, especially considering the credit situation in the UK, and the selection's one of the best I've ever seen.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by Blompcube
i wouldn't recommend it, especially not at this time of year - it WILL take them until about may 2009 to ship whatever you order due to the christmas surge of orders, and don't expect them to let you know about it.

Untrue. I ordered a new amp from there last Thursday and it should arrive on Wednesday. They didn't even have it in stock either which I think is pretty good service.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Ed Hunter
Untrue. I ordered a new amp from there last Thursday and it should arrive on Wednesday. They didn't even have it in stock either which I think is pretty good service.

have they despatched it yet or does it say the "estimated" despatch date is wednesday?

when i ordered something, they did that, told me they'd send it a certain day, and when that day came, they changed it to about 5 days later. this went on for about 3 months, and was very annoying. when i questioned them as to why they were doing it they set the date forward another 2 months, at which point i just thought "screw it, i've already wasted 3 months waiting" and cancelled the order.
Rig Winter 2017:

Bought lots of pedals and a guitar off Gak on lots of different orders, they offer a nice tracking system for whatever you've bought. They usually deliver within 5 days, the longest I've had to wait for anything from them is 8 days for a whammy pedal, but even then they told me there'd be a delay while it came into stock and kept me updated on what was happening. they're an excellent website
Quote by blue_strat
They took weeks to ship my Washburn because it was only after I paid for it that they said, "oh, we don't actually have any of these in stock, so it's going to be a bit of a wait".

I bought an amp from their store in Brighton, and they had good service there and everything.

Also check out:

www.peachguitars.co.uk
www.machinehead.co.uk
www.stringsdirect.co.uk

I had this problem too when ordering some PUPs, though it should be said that I've been to their shop in Brighton and the service is fine. I bought my washburn from machinehead though, they did set it up for me and it was perfectly tuned when I got it.
Gear:
Washburn X-40 Pro
Washburn X-40
Yamaha RGX 320s custom (with Duncans)
Ibanez GRG 170DX
Yamaha Pacfica 120V (lol)
Encore Strat pile of **** (mega lol)
Saving for new amp
Quote by Blompcube

I concur. GAK are terrible compared to DV247 or Dolphin Music, in my opinion.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
I concur. GAK are terrible compared to DV247 or Dolphin Music, in my opinion.

IIRC, DV247 took less than 24 hours to ship my godlyke power supply... i ordered it late one evening, it arrived the next day
Rig Winter 2017:

They're alright, bit slow with delivery though. My guitar came set up quite well, the action was slightly high though.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Got my first GAK guitar delivered month or two ago. Got delivered very fast, dispatched very fast and I could check the progress of my order every step of the way. Great site!
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
i want to point out to people that the setup of the guitar when you get it very rarely has anything to do with where you bought it from, as usually the guitars are set up in the factory during the finishing touches and shipped, and the shops rarely do anything with them without charging you for it, unless there's something seriously wrong with the setup (like the fender robert cray signature strat where nobody had even attempted to intonate it that they had in a local shop about a year ago)
Rig Winter 2017:

merchant city music are by far the best, guitars and basses fully set up before shipping, and fastest delivery ive had
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
Yeah, GAK's a great website. Stuff I've ordered has arrived pretty quickly, and it's cheaper than most as well. But...the Christmas period might be hell for the posting and stuff, so I'd order whatever you want to buy now and get it early.
They're slow, out of the 6 orders that myself and friends have in total placed with them they only got one order right the first time around, and the one time they did send the right thing, it was badly and clearly damaged. Their customer service also doesn't seem to give a crap.

Plus, if you search around you can almost always find anything on there cheaper somewhere else, even in local stores. GAK's only trading deal right now is with Gibson (and it's child companies like Epiphone and Kramer), so that is the one and only brand that they can have the cheapest price on. Even then, they're usually only as cheap as other places, not cheaper. Hell when it comes to Kramer in fact, they're more expensive and slower than ordering Kramers direct from America, bizarrely.

So in short, sod them.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by NKF176

Bought a £1400.00 guitar-perfect.

3 days late delivery but worth waiting-only problem was I took a day off work but parcel did not arrive on delivery date given.

Solution choose weekend delivery.

Good communications by phone-but parcel tracking facility on their web-site is useless.

I would use again.

Dan Ross
Quote by dants575
Bought a £1400.00 guitar-perfect.

3 days late delivery but worth waiting-only problem was I took a day off work but parcel did not arrive on delivery date given.

Solution choose weekend delivery.

Good communications by phone-but parcel tracking facility on their web-site is useless.

I would use again.

Dan Ross

seeing as how the guy is banned and the thread is nearly 7 months old i don't think he needed to be told how great GAK is
Quote by azn_guitarist25
seeing as how the guy is banned and the thread is nearly 7 months old i don't think he needed to be told how great GAK is

Sorry thanks
Don't know about other but DV247 has very nice support. They answer my questions and requests within' hours.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

^^ DV247 does have much better support than GAK and their prices are often the same if not better, however I've found them to be utter bastards with stock. I've made five orders with DV247: all five of them were products advertised to be in stock and ready to ship in 1-2 days. The first one was delayed by a week, the other four have all taken over a month. One of them they told me it was going to be delayed by a month and when that time was up and it still hadn't come they e-mailed me again to say they didn't actually have any idea when they were going to get the thing in but it should be 'sometime by the end of July' - bearing in mind this was an order I placed at the end of January. All this time, they still kept 'in stock' up on the items description page on their site. Luckily for every order that got delayed they refunded the shipping costs at least.

So yeah, DV247 are good so long as you accept the fact that they're probably not going to get the item to you on time.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
My first order with them got delayed almost a month because the dealers were late on schedule. The support personal informed me before I made the purchase so it's full OK. My other orders went directly, though.

It'd always a good idea to ask if the item is really in stock or not before you let them pull your money. We sure can trust a support person more than website status.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

DV247, they are far better customer support, packaging and the delivery is cheap and on time!

Gak, machinehead, D247 are the big stores in the UK

Thomann has sold its self out of the competion because of its prices
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!