Okay, so I have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top, but I was considering doing a pup swap. I enjoy playing anything ranging from blues, jazz, all forms of rock, and a hint of metal. So I basically need a well rounded pickup. I've been told that Epi Les Pauls go really well with a specific set of seymour duncans.

But I don't remember which ones. I remember something about '59 or JB or Jazz or something like that.

If anyone could inform me on the optimum pup swap for this guitar (and maybe provide some links) it would be greatly appreciated.
Gear
------
Burny RLC-50 Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
Vintage 70s Ibanez Custom Acoustic
Vox AD50VT 2x12
Ibanez Weeping Demon WD-7
I doubt you'd hear a major difference with your current amp, specifically because its a hybrid.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
I doubt you'd hear a major difference with your current amp, specifically because its a hybrid.

Just because it is a hybrid does not mean it ts won't hear a difference. We're talking about a Valvetronix here, not a Spider.

The most common combinations for Les Pauls are JB and Jazz or JB and '59. You don't really need the JB though considering your preferences and amp. I think two '59s will be everything you should need concerning output. If you want a lot of punch though the JB is worth a look. Just go to your nearest guitar store and try out a bunch of guitars, there are plenty guitars with those pickups installed as stock ones. Dimarzio PAF Pros are also worth a look. I'll post links in a minute.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Nov 30, 2008,
Okay well, disregarding the amp, what is the ideal pickup set for an epi les paul to achieve the sound mentioned above.
Gear
------
Burny RLC-50 Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
Vintage 70s Ibanez Custom Acoustic
Vox AD50VT 2x12
Ibanez Weeping Demon WD-7
I think these sets might work for you, they're cheaper than two pups bought seperately:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/seymour_duncan_ssh59_set_vintage_blues_bk.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/seymour_duncan_sshjb_jazz_rodded_humbucker.htm

If you choose to buy seperate pups though, make sure you pick the corrct versions. Many pickups are available in a bridge and a neck position version, make sure you don't accidentally get the wrong one.

Quote by Blacken Seas
The Dimarzio 36th anniversary PAF in the neck and Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge should be a good combo for what you looking for.

Also a good idea.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Nov 30, 2008,
The Dimarzio 36th anniversary PAF in the neck and Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge should be a good combo for what you looking for.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369