On recordings, my band is actually very very good and a lot of people think so. However, our singer isn't bad but she not only doesn't enjoy it too much (she is the guitarist as well) but we could find a better singer. On recordings, we use a pitch corrector-type effect NOT to correct the pitch but merely to provide us with a cool vocal sound. We cannot seem to get that effect live, and considering our singer is not as strong as we would like, we have difficulties.

We tried finding an effect live, but that didn't work too well, but our guitarist/singer was talking to a friend who told her that you can in fact go through a laptop to obtain a good sound.

We do not really want to get a new singer though because it would ruin our vibe, and we have a lot of songs that are more on the instrumental side with only small vocal parts so having a plain singer won't really do us anything. We considered getting another guitarist/singer, but we actually really don't need one. We considered getting a bassist/singer but we really do not need a bassist considering what our keyboardist does.

What should we do ?
-Girl Bassist & Drummer-
Music: Thrash metal, punk, ska, Grunge, old rock, Techno
Pref Bands: Anthrax early Nirvana RHCP Led Zep Fallz Pantera Black Sabbath Operation Ivy Reel Big Fish Misfits Ramones Mudhoney Arctic Monkeys Muse 2 many 2 name
You can run the mic thru your laptop and then to the PA for the sound, you would just need a few certain cords to do it.
when me and my band play live we use our frontmans laptop to play backing bass,because i do all the bass work because nobody wants to play bass any more,what we do is we just hook it up to our (or if were were playing has a pa system) and back track it,and it goes right through our cabinets (we use as monitors)
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
Quote by qotsa1998
You can run the mic thru your laptop and then to the PA for the sound, you would just need a few certain cords to do it.

Do we need a USB interface? If so, what kind? On her laptop, the mic/headphone jacks are right next to eachother (stupid construction) so if we put the correct adaptors they don't fit.

Elaborate please? Thanks a bunch though.
-Girl Bassist & Drummer-
Music: Thrash metal, punk, ska, Grunge, old rock, Techno
Pref Bands: Anthrax early Nirvana RHCP Led Zep Fallz Pantera Black Sabbath Operation Ivy Reel Big Fish Misfits Ramones Mudhoney Arctic Monkeys Muse 2 many 2 name