Ok d00ds I have a little problem. I love being in a band don’t get me wrong, we come up with great stuff, we get along fine coz they're awesome guys. But when it comes time to buckle down it seems that me the singer, and the bassist are the only ones who cares about it...

I mean we have a show the 1st of JAN and that’s really REALLY close and all we need is one more song and we're good, and when we try to write a song the first problem we run into the whole band gives up and goes into the other room only to fool around and "take a break"....(for a week) and that only leaves me the singer and bass trying to figure out stuff and people pop in every once in awhile talking and fooling around on drums where we cant even talk to each other or try out riffs, saying the stuff we're writing "isn't our sound" but doesn't even care to help us.

All I’m asking pit is I feel completely miserable because not only are we going to bomb our first show, but I have to spend gas money on a 45 min drive just to deal with this crap.

Has any of you guy's ever had anything like this, and if you did what did you do about it, or is this just normal band stuff???
My signature has doubled...
that means only you , the bassist, and the singer care....

did you really need the pit to tell you taht?
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

replace the people who dont care with people who care... then everyone cares... and yall can have a caring time together...
you know what would make you feel better?

me neither
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
cancel the show and you and the bassist start a new band
gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG
Peavey Nitro
Takamine EG-351SSC
Bugera 333xl 212

My Music:
MySpace
Facebook
add me!
Kill your other guitarist and drummer? Or replace them? Or lock them in your basement and beat them until they start working ... whilst naked and filming the event ... so, anyway *ahem* yeah, try those things.
Quote by Gargantuan
I've had the same problem.
Leave them.
You will get nowhere with them.

You dont think it'll get any better, like just a phase or something?
My signature has doubled...
Quote by John Spartan

Like I said before (if you read between the lines ... very carefully); if there are 3 good members then just replace the others because it isn't right that you have to carry them, unless you can make them work but it seems unlikely they will change.
Quote by kaosfire
that means only you , the bassist, and the singer care....

did you really need the pit to tell you taht?

this isn't the pit

Just play a cover for your last song.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Short answer: yes, with an if
Long answer: no, with a but

Don't you ever watch Behind the Music? Everyone hates each other in a band!
Originally posted by Neon Knight
Ramco i worship you and your awesome comment \m/
Quote by John Spartan
Ok d00ds I have a little problem. I love being in a band don’t get me wrong, we come up with great stuff, we get along fine coz they're awesome guys. But when it comes time to buckle down it seems that me the singer, and the bassist are the only ones who cares about it...

I mean we have a show the 1st of JAN and that’s really REALLY close and all we need is one more song and we're good, and when we try to write a song the first problem we run into the whole band gives up and goes into the other room only to fool around and "take a break"....(for a week) and that only leaves me the singer and bass trying to figure out stuff and people pop in every once in awhile talking and fooling around on drums where we cant even talk to each other or try out riffs, saying the stuff we're writing "isn't our sound" but doesn't even care to help us.

All I’m asking pit is I feel completely miserable because not only are we going to bomb our first show, but I have to spend gas money on a 45 min drive just to deal with this crap.

Has any of you guy's ever had anything like this, and if you did what did you do about it, or is this just normal band stuff???

Calm down. You're getting all won up over nothing.
You have just one song to write and a whole month to sort it out. If you haven't got it sorted out by then, is it such a big disaster? It's just one song. Most sets can afford to lose one song, you either talk slightly more between songs, or slow a couple of songs down, or shove an extra solo or chorus into a couple of songs and the alloted time is soon filled, either that or you can end your set 4 or 5 minutes early, which no one's gonna notice.
Quote by John Spartan

More than likely.
I'm guessing that you've all been working really hard to get the set this far? Possibly one or two of you have been stressing slightly and may even have been a bit sharp with other members?
If so, then this is probably just a reaction to that.
You can't force it when you're writing music, if a couple of the guys are feeling a little burned out, then you need to make it more fun for them again.
At every practice between now and the gig, rehearse the set you have already and then just jam for a while, and make sure you record your jam. If you have a more relaxed attitude, you'll probably find that someone comes out with something that everyone else looks at and says 'Hey, y'know that just needs a little more work and it'll be a pretty decent song.'
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Dec 1, 2008,