i wanted to do thrash metal but somehow it turned a bit proggy.
and the intro was made after i made the outro ;D
i dont know what genre it would be, but i'm sure it's metal.
hope you'll enjoy it

C4C (if you leave the link)
Attachments:
metal.zip
Last edited by talentfree at Dec 2, 2008,
I really wish I had the skills you have at writing. That was simply... amazing. I could never write like that.

How long have you been playing and writing music dude?
****ing brutal buddy, I really really like the solo you put in there (bar 126-150), especially the chromatic type part starting at bar147 and ending at bar150 .

The rhythm riff for the solo is sweet as well (ex: bar 136)

Keep up the great work man.'

The transition at bar 185 is pretty cool too, the outro with the clean guitar in the background is pretty sweet (I would not have thought of it).

All in all, great dissonance, you like the same type of stuff I like, I rarely write stuff like this but I will next week after hearing this.

The only thing I have to criticize is the intro, its been done to death before in metal (the triple time legato thing) but other than that, you my friend have got a pretty flawless song from my perspective. Give me a heads up when you write your next song!

edit: bar 49 = total deja vu, reminds me of a nevermore riff (I have tons of riffs like that b/c I used to listen to a lot of nevermore when I first started to write my own stuff)

Crit mine please? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1011624
Epic opener.
I love the little trill lines here.

Great transition at 37 (idk for sure, I don't wanna interupt the song).

The riffs here keep the monument moving forward and don't let up.
I like how the solo guitar and throws in some tasteful licks.

Excellent tremolo harmony at 66.

Great solo. Really off kilter and strange. I love it.

I can't find much faults with this, so it's difficult to write anything in detail without sounding like ass-kissing.
The only thing would the outro. That ritarando would be better as a fade out, but GP doesn't have that option, so good job either way.

Overall, this is an epic song. Reminds me of Death (the band) inspired thrash.
I do see some progressive elements in this, but I wouldn't call it straight-up prog.
9/10.
C4C?
Try out Lycotrope; seems like it would be up your alley.
Quote by huevos
Epic opener.

I can't find much faults with this, so it's difficult to write anything in detail without sounding like ass-kissing.
The only thing would the outro. That ritarando would be better as a fade out, but GP doesn't have that option, so good job either way.

Ya you can, just go to the mix table and tick the volume slider, bring it down to 0 and next to the slider is the transition drop down menu, just choose how many beats you want the effect to last and it'll do it. For ex. if you choose to fade out you'd go volume=0 and transition = 8 beats for a smooth fade out (it can be a fast fade out at 8 beats if the tempo is fast).

And I agree, the outro should fade out, would sound cooler.
hey :]
thanks for the great feedback!
yeah, i could redo the outro, but i dont think it would change much.
and in rl you cant fade out accoustic guitars (ok, neither drums, untill it's an e-drum, but they're gay)

Quote by The ZenOfShred

How long have you been playing and writing music dude?

i've been writing stuff for like a year and i've been playing guitar since 2006.
and i started drums !
oh, btw, i'm a chick, no dude.
Ok, I'm totally in awe right now, lol. That was a GREAT song! I was a little iffy when I saw 'death' attached to that (not my style of metal), but I think that song was flawless beyond all recognition.

For some reason the song seemed to remind me of some of the stuff from Trivium's "Shogun" album, which is really sweet. I don't know if that's what you were going for there, but it definately sounds like Triv to me.

The solo and all the leads were fantastic. But I can't leave out all the rhythm parts, those were just as killer. Great job! You should write/share more soon!

Btw, would you care to take a look at my song? That'd be cool. It's pretty much Testament/Metallica-influenced Thrash. Lemme know what ya think if you can. Thanks a bunch--SP

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1001518
--[img]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd320/SquallLeonhart8/ESPEX50TestamentPracticeAlbumCustom.jpg[/img]--
Testament Practice What You Preach Edition ESP Explorer by me.
What do you think? PM me
Now that is some good thrash there lol. That is soo good, the one problem i think from the whole thing is just the solo from 126 onwards, its good, but it doesn't really fit to the music imo... But that aside that song is tight!
I like the rhythm riffs and surprisingly, the low tuning aswell, it fits well. But i was blown away by the last section, that clean bit of guitar mixed with the heavy chords was one hell of an idea and it worked so well.
The clean bit on its own reminded my of the ending of ignition from trivium, its the same sort of idea, but don't take that the wrong way man, this makes ignition sh*t lol.
9.5/10