Does anyone know where you could buy a laser to go on or in a headstock.

(If it was in it would go in that hole that are on strats that lead down to the neck)

I had a quick look round and couldn't find a small enough laser type thing.

I'm sure someone on here would have done it before .

Gwynn
x
Gear List

Guitars
PRS SE Tremonti
Ltd Mh-100qmnt
Peavey Rotor ex
Crafter Acoustic

Amps
Bugera 333
Bugera 412h

Effects
Marshall Shredmaster
Line 6 MM4
Line 6 DL4
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Dan Electro Fish'n'chips
Ibanez LU-10
haven't seen them but sounds cool, try getting a laser pen off the internet and taking it apart and then modifying it so it fits in.
laser pointer laser or cut someones head off while playing a deadly solo laser
hah... bad joke

yeah, i know what your talkin about, not sure where to get one but it would be sweet to see lasers shotin out from your head stock

personally i'd put it on the back not in the truss rod hole
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
uh buy a laser pointer, take it apart and figure out some way to put it in there?

Why do you want one, anyway? you'll probably just end up blinding your drummer during a show or something.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Wait...why would you do this? Unless you're gigging onstage with a lot of smoke/fog, no one is going to even know its there.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
It might not work very well but it's a very cheap thing to try out so it's worth a go really.

Cheers for your help guys.

To google shopping i go!
Gear List

Guitars
PRS SE Tremonti
Ltd Mh-100qmnt
Peavey Rotor ex
Crafter Acoustic

Amps
Bugera 333
Bugera 412h

Effects
Marshall Shredmaster
Line 6 MM4
Line 6 DL4
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Dan Electro Fish'n'chips
Ibanez LU-10
Red lasers are the less powerful versions, so yes, unless you had lots of smoke or very dark conditions, all you would get is the red dot on something to your side.

However, there are options.

Green Lasers, are much more powerful and in warm conditions (ie. not bloody cold!), you can see the beam in DAYLIGHT.

Because they are more powerful, they will damage people eyes with all but the briefest exposure, if it shines directly in it.

What would be better, is to mount two, either in the guitar or on the back of it,

Do it on the body, and have them pointing down and outwards at an angle.

That would be cool, especially if you could get them to pulse when you play.

I have a Green Laser aiming aid on one of my hunting rifles, so I can testify to their brightness.

Click Me

Probably thin enough to be inserted in the body, if you drill a hole.

Last edited by Skeet UK at Nov 30, 2008,
I have seen a company that do then but I can remember who it is lol they also do gloves with lasers on for effects while your playing as well lmao

Quote by Gwynnell
(If it was in it would go in that hole that are on strats that lead down to the neck)
Thats probably the truss rod cover, you wont fit a laser in there.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
I'd route out the tip of the headstock if you wanted it there, just make sure you don't compromise the integrity of the wood. And ideally, if you wanted it to come on when the guitar was plugged in, I would find someway to install a switch for it in the output jack.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
I'd route out the tip of the headstock if you wanted it there, just make sure you don't compromise the integrity of the wood. And ideally, if you wanted it to come on when the guitar was plugged in, I would find someway to install a switch for it in the output jack.

How small do people think these things are?

The smallest one I found (thinnest) was the one I posted, which uses AAA batteries, two of them, so it will be at least 12mm thick.

The others use a CR123 battery which is 1/2 inch across, so your looking at 3/4 of an inch thick.

If you can find a smaller one, great, but the battery wont last very long at all.

I use Lithium CR123 in mine and they don't last ages.
Well, I've seen and used some laser pointers that are only the width of said AAA battery, used as pointers for presentations and whatnot.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
Well, I've seen and used some laser pointers that are only the width of said AAA battery, used as pointers for presentations and whatnot.

Yeah, laser "pens" as such.

So what battery do they use then? Would have to be stacked, tiny watch batteries, and still, would be thicker than a AAA battery overall.

Either way, a red beam won't do it most conditions and a Green beam will be dangerous to the people around him, if it comes out of the headstock area.

So, if he wants lasers, they should be mounted in the bottom of the guitar, pointing down and should be green ones.