Page 1 of 2
I really do not know much about guitar other than the names for each part of the guitar.

So choosing a good first guitar may be hard for me.

So I was wondering if this wonderful community can help me!(please dont be like other forums and say tits or gtfo)

Im not into death metal or heavy metal
or metal at all.

I want a guitar that can be used to play all sorts of songs.

Like Sweet Home Alabama
or Hey there Dililah and Drift Away

I bet by now alot of you are laughing saying either those are the same type of guitars or totally diffrent.

I really dont know much about guitar

Something I just just bring on car rides to places and just play. I dont really want a huge amp I gata plug into or something

Unless its a little amp to make the sound louder.

Uhh, im sorry if I sound retarted.

Just a good starter guitar. Thanks.
Every Time You Fail, You Are Getting Closer To Success.
this should be in electric guitar forum but w/e. squier strats probably the best option.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Quote by A Bad Guitarist
Squierstrat

Win. You'll probably want a small amp too.

I however know nothing about electric guitars or amps so I can't help.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
If acoustic, get a Epiphone AJ-10 (I think they're AJ-100 now)

If electric, get a Epiphone Les paul special and a roland micro-cube.
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Squier Bullet and Line 6 Spider.

couldnt support this post enough
Quote by Mike!
This man IS the truth.

Quote by aznmetalhead93
Walk out naked with a sock around your dick. He'll be so surprised he won't shoot you. Then rape him. Hard. With melted butter as lube.

Join the Xbox Live group
Quote by Fudgepuppy
I really do not know much about guitar other than the names for each part of the guitar.

An excellent introduction, straight to the point.

So, choosing a good first guitar may be hard for me.

So, (actually, just stop using 'so' altogether) I was wondering if this wonderful community could help me(please dont be like other forums and say tits or gtfo)!

Punctuation is ailing, but you recover well and have clearly gotten the readers attention.

Im not into death metal or heavy metal
or
metal at all.

I want a guitar that can be used to play all sorts of songs.

A blanket statement, too vague and too simple to get answers.

Like Sweet Home Alabama
or Hey there Dililah and Drift Away.

I bet by now alot of you are laughing saying either those are the same type of guitars or totally diffrent.

I really don' t know much about guitar

Something I just just bring on car rides to places and just play. I dont really want a huge amp I gata plug into or something

Unless its a little amp to make the sound louder.

Uhh, im sorry if I sound retarded.

Just a good starter guitar. Thanks.

A valiant effort, but overall structure, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and voicing are very lacking. Have you ever heard of a paragraph? You are going to have to do better than that, young man.

Last edited by CowboyUp at Nov 30, 2008,
How much do you know about guitar?

Get a piece of **** and then when youve outgrown it get something good.
lp345: It's a virus
rage6945: i went on a little bit torrent spree and got Jay-z's black album
nebno6:Maybe it's god punishing you for having a bad music taste.
nowa90:UGNED!!
do u even know the difference between acoustic and electric?
dont worry about being able to take it places, you have a long way to go.
electric = squierstrat
acoustic=???
Quote by InvaderTSN
Squier Bullet and Line 6 Spider.

squire's are not that bad but avoid line 6 at all costs

a squire strat or a cheaper epiphone les paul with a small 15watt amp will do you justice
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Ahh damn In not sure. I was thinking about acoustic last night. But now Im hearing some electric and it sounds good. Umm what are some good aucustics?
don't buy squier, as they suck and more liable to break. Epiphone SG is the best chice i think.
EDIT:^^^ No. Please, God, no. That thing's ridiculous and it doesn't even tune to E standard. Just no. Any Squier would be better than that.

TS, I'll tell ya what. Take it to the electric guitar forum, take their (more) serious advice, then go to a music store and try out what they recommend. Can't stress that enough.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Last edited by P-Bass Pirate at Nov 30, 2008,
Maybe you need to go to a guitar store and ask people there as opposed to asking the internet with terrible grammar. Either that or get a Squire Strat.
Lol guessing Squire is good? But i think im more intrested in Aucoustic
as you are a beginner, all the people try to f u c k ing confuse with all the stuff that is TOTALLY useless for a noob, like "uh, do you want a heavy metal sound, or do you play clean, doh, if you wanna metal buy a Les, because of the humbuckers, if you wanna cleans, go strat, also buy a cheap tube amp, warm sounds are amazing, uh, solid state sucks".... now you've got like 4-5 words that you don't know what to do with. F U C K IT!

For it's your first guitar, you don't need to care about anything but this: choose one that doesn't got out of tune badly and has a more or less comfortable action (hight between strings and fretboard). Check out your budget, and see how far you can go, however i would stay really low, because later on, you might be complaning about your guitar being so crappy anyway, though it does have some cool features on it.

Good Luck, mate!
Eat this, today's music-lovers!
Quote by rabidguitarist
A lot of music isn't really going anywhere. There are tons of fans in here going 'oh my god, <> is evolving so much and <> is so shit lol!' but tons of it is just recycled material and tired ideas.
Quote by DeathOn2Legs
as you are a beginner, all the people try to f u c k ing confuse with all the stuff that is TOTALLY useless for a noob, like "uh, do you want a heavy metal sound, or do you play clean, doh, if you wanna metal buy a Les, because of the humbuckers, if you wanna cleans, go strat, also buy a cheap tube amp, warm sounds are amazing, uh, solid state sucks".... now you've got like 4-5 words that you don't know what to do with. F U C K IT!

For it's your first guitar, you don't need to care about anything but this: choose one that doesn't got out of tune badly and has a more or less comfortable action (hight between strings and fretboard). Check out your budget, and see how far you can go, however i would stay really low, because later on, you might be complaning about your guitar being so crappy anyway, though it does have some cool features on it.

Good Luck, mate!

Thanks alot! Well, Im getting a guitar for christmas along with other stuff, so I dont want to deplete all my parents money with just one gift. So Im leaning twards acoustic since I can just pick up and play instead of plugging in. I also like the sound of them a little more.
whatever you do, don't just go into a store and buy a ****ty starter pack. Don't go straight for the squier stratocaster, or the epiphone les paul. Tell the clerks you are looking for a reasonably priced starter guitar, and try out all sorts of different brands and obscure models. Which ever one feels the best, get.
I Want One!!!

The Kraftwerkers: The Society for the Appreciation of Kraftwerk
well, amp price varies widely, though if you're going to get an acoustic you obviously don't need to worry about it, unless you're getting an acoustic-electric but I doubt that's neccesary if you're just going to strum around and aren't playing in band anytime soon.

but to try to answer your question

between $50 and $2500

If you do end up needing an amp, I agree with the guy who said roland microcube, it's small, relatively inexpensive, and sounds nice
Epiphone SG Special II (i got this last winter. it's a pretty good starter set. comes with guitar, amp, tuner, strap, cable, picks, gig bag, and an instructional DVD. $265. not a bad deal)
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
Jay Turser Strat or Les Paul copy. I got mine at a local music store with an amp for $140. This is for electric, by the way. Jay Turser makes some great entry level guitars.
Quote by Superpartydude5

If you do end up needing an amp, I agree with the guy who said roland microcube, it's small, relatively inexpensive, and sounds nice

I was the guy who said that

Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Uhh, this is so hard, some people are saying the Squire Strat is good some say its horrible
Dean Dimeblade, with a Line 6 Spider III 15 watt amp. Cheap, reliable, not overly complicated. Good to go.
I throw myself into the sea,
Release the wave,
Let it wash over me
To face the fears, I once believed
Tears of the Dragon, for you, and for me...
Squierstrat ftw! - simple, confortable and a normal sound

or.....get a bamboo stick with a pick up
Quote by supralightning
send your gf over to my place and ill give her a birthday present

Gear:
Fender Squier
SP-10 (i almost don't use it)
Boss DS-1
Boss RC-2 (very useful)
Boss GT-10 (hell yeah)
Good Headphones
Gameboy color

Lastfm
Quote by Fudgepuppy
Uhh, this is so hard, some people are saying the Squire Strat is good some say its horrible

If it is your first guitar, which it is, it is fine, it is a beginner guitar, once you get better though you will wanna upgrade. I suggest acoustic though.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
The best advice I can give you is to hit as many guitar shops as absolutely possible and try as many guitars as absolutely possible. Find somthing that feels good in your hands, gives a good tone acousticly (Really. Even though it's electric, if it sounds dead and dull unplugged, it won't sound much better plugged in. Look for somthing that sounds lively and vibrant and doesn't buzz all over the place), looks good to you, and sounds good plugged in.
-Edit-
Also, make sure it feels solid. If it's a bolt on neck, make sure the neck doesn't wobble. Pluck a note and give the neck a little pull twards your body. The note shoulden't go more then about 1/2 step out of tune. The tuners should be solid and not wobble or feel too tight when you turn em, and the bridge and pickups should be firmly attached to the body.

That or get a wangcaster.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Last edited by Garou1911 at Nov 30, 2008,
I would recommend a Fender Stratocaster. if thats too much, get a Fender Squier Strat (thats what I have)....

If you want acoustic I would go with a Yamaha . They make cheap guitars but they also sound nice as well.

For an amp, DONT GET LINE 6 SPYDER!!!!
Page 1 of 2