So after about 2 months of slow progress I finally finished my strat build. Now I started the build so that i could learn the basics before i jumped into like a full on from scratch build which i am planing on doing at some point. Now i the body is agthis (SP) which i know isn't a vary good tone wood but it served the purpose. Also I would have bought some Dimarzio true velvets singles but with my amp (look in sig) I wouldn't be able to tell enough of a difference so i decided to put off pickups until i get a new amp. So here is the build.

This is the guitar that i bought from my friend for about $50.

The fret board was some weird rosewood knock off so the first thing i did was buy this maple neck from stewmac which BTW is a vary good neck.

So i took off the neck

and after some help from my Dad (im 14 so he was there and i was having a hard time getting the screws through the mapel neck) we got it well secured onto the body.

The next thing I did was i took off the pickguard because I wanted to spray it Black sorta Gilmour Ish but I wasn't trying to make a Gilmour strat.
so here it is off

While the Pickguard was drying i installed some schaller (sp) straplocks

here it is a day or two after i painted and clear coated it.

now the tuners that were on the original neck weren't bad but they weren't great so i bought these grover mini locking ones and got them on.

So I put on some strings last night and here it is all done

So for my first build im pretty happy with her.
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
not bad, but how are the pickups?

If i was going to go through that much work i would definitely put some nice pickups in there.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
nice! i like the black pickguard. i would change the pickups though to make it sound awesome
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
It's a very nice guitar, though I would have put chrome tone and volume knobs to match the bridge, jack, and the machine heads (just for aesthetic appeal though).

btw, this is more like a guitar modd rather than a build, seeing as you didn't actually build anything. XP
Last edited by TheSecondRaid at Nov 30, 2008,
That looks great i like the black pickguard it makes it look a lot more sleek smooth and stylish. Also nobody can tell its a starcaster. So great 1st build

Kudos to you !

Warp3r
Quote by will123456789

and mate: ure the first 08er to make me laugh kudos

Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Turn it off and on again.

^ Golden computer rule.

Quote by Spamwise
I've had a hooker die once. I love getting free stuff.
It looks like you put acoustic strings on.

Really great job though, it looks very nice.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
^ there obviously on there for the BR00TALZZ

looks good though, nice work!
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
One of the better looking strats i've seen. I hate how fender is bringing back the starcaster as a cheap solid body for noobs rather than a good semi hollow strat.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Looks nice

Have you thought about getting black screws for the pickguard/pickups/switch mount?
(for the stealth look obviously )
thanks guys
she plays pretty good and the strings are actually acoustic strings because i wasn't paying attenton when i bought em but they sound actually sound ok. I would buy some dimarzio pups but since im running a spider im just gonna wait until i buy my B-52
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Last edited by sandman-105 at Dec 30, 2008,
Quote by sandman-105
thanks guys
she plays pretty good and the strings are actually acoustic strings because i wasn't paying attenton when i bought em but they sound actually sound quiet good. I would buy some dimarzio pups but since im running a spider im just gonna wait until i buy my B-52

Someone listens! *faints*
i do not call this a build
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by nowa90

Cool.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by nowa90

k, your builds are where?
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
Last edited by metalwarrior40 at Dec 19, 2008,
When it implies more than screwing 4 screws and painting a pickguard.
It's a mod , not a build , tough nice one dude.
He replaced the neck, yo.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
actually a mod would be simply changing something already there, like reshaping a neck.
i do believe he bought a new neck and other parts....
either way i'm not going to argue you with you, its pointless and stupid.

nice work on the build man,
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
Quote by TehMasterSword
One of the better looking strats i've seen. I hate how fender is bringing back the starcaster as a cheap solid body for noobs rather than a good semi hollow strat.

Actually its a "STAR". Yea I was at Target where you buy those things (u probably paid more than u should have) and I was walking in the electronics.......? Anyway and I'm like Fender strat, and I started playing it and an employee comes in and says git off da starcasta , git off of it. So I got off of it and he started polishing it like it was his child.

Anywho great job on the build, pickups probably should have been replaced, and I love the style. But man u got a neck of Stewmac when on Ebay there's a stewmac for 20 bucks. But great job!

P.S. Buy Electric Guitar Strings =)
Quote by kydoodlebob
Actually its a "STAR". Yea I was at Target where you buy those things (u probably paid more than u should have)

P.S. Buy Electric Guitar Strings =)

1. i bought it from my friend for like $40 and at target they sell for like $80-$100
2. yeah just bought electric strings yesterday and i also set her up my self
(EG FAQ's FTW )
3. yes i know the pickups are bad but for right know they serve the purpose on my spider so im not gonna spend upwards of $100 something on the pups so i can save for an amp.

Also why the argument on the title i mean seriously its a title, it doesn't matter
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Good job man, I disassembled my Ibanez and refinished it and it was in pieces for like 4 months lol...
how long did that take?
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
good work man. Good call on the amp to, you are one of the wise ones

I have one question though....
How can it be a rosewood knockoff?
Quote by guitarcam123
good work man. Good call on the amp to, you are one of the wise ones

I have one question though....
How can it be a rosewood knockoff?

Rosewood knockoff... I think he refers to some wood similar to rosewood but much cheaper. Like Hikori(spelling?) a chinese wood similar to maple
Wow! You're very skilled. How long have you been playing guitar? It seems like you know alot about the wiring and building guitars.
The black pickguard is a nice touch. I always thought the pickguard was screwed on the body of the guitar, I didn't know it covered up the wiring.