So I'm changing the pickups in my Strat and right now it has the stock pickups and I know what I'm doing for the bridge and middle but I'm not sure what I want in the neck, I was wondering:

A) If anyone has any suggestions and
B) If this pick up will fit
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-STKP1-Stacked-P90-SingleCoil-Pickup?sku=300052

Any help you guys have would be amazing. Thanks guys.
If you want the p90 in the neck first you'd have to see if the body is routed at least for humbuckers (just take the pickguard off and see how big the holes are). Then you'd have to modify your pickguard to fit it. On top of that, you might wanna position that pickups fairly low considering it's a higher output than regular single coils (from what I understand).

I personally love P90 neck pickups Also, what kind of sound are you looking for? What improvements would you like to make for the neck pickup's tone? That will REALLY decide what you should get.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
That pup won't fit... you need a single coil, and p-90s won't fit
No idea on what to suggest, what pickups you getting for middle and bridge?

EDIT: It would fit if there is enought space routed out for it, but you'd need a new pickguard
Quote by mexican_shred
^oh jesus christ . just because it has the same brand name and a remotely same name doesnt make it at all the same. its like saying a cat is like a human because its a mammal.
I'm going for something much thicker and modern but I love the way my Strat plays so I really don't want to have to buy another guitar.

For the bridge I'm getting a seymour ducan hot rails
the middle is the seymour duncan cool rails
I like the high output of both of them and the cool rails sounds amazing clean as does the hot rails. The crunch on the hot rails is beautiful it's great for chords or solo's.

I want something loud and powerful in the neck, a pickup that will sound great when playing through just the neck and be nice and thick when i roll both the tone knobs down but I don't want to sacrifice any sustain or sound quality.
It's true that that p-90 would sound good... if you're willing to either modify your pickguard or get a new one to accomodate that, it would be wise for the sound you want...
what amplifier you playing through anyway?
Quote by mexican_shred
^oh jesus christ . just because it has the same brand name and a remotely same name doesnt make it at all the same. its like saying a cat is like a human because its a mammal.
See if your guitar is routed for humbuckers, and if it is, you can expand the hole in the pickguard VERY CAREFULLY with a file (you can always spend $20 and get a new pickguard if you screw it up).
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Right now I'm playing through a Peavey Studio Chorus 210 but I'm getting the new Marshall JMV half stack for Christmas.