OK so I go to play my bass today. I flip the switch on my amp to "on". When I start to play, I get a very quiet, distored crackly tone. It sounds like a have an extreme amount of distortion on.

I don't think it's my 1/4 cable because I have broken them before, and I tried all three that I have. The bass that I own now is recently purchased, and the amp is about a year old.

Equipment:
Ibanez SDGR
Behringer 300 watt amp

If anyone could offer some help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Quote by bobmcd123
OK so I go to play my bass today. I flip the switch on my amp to "on". When I start to play, I get a very quiet, distored crackly tone. It sounds like a have an extreme amount of distortion on.

I don't think it's my 1/4 cable because I have broken them before, and I tried all three that I have. The bass that I own now is recently purchased, and the amp is about a year old.

Equipment:
Ibanez SDGR
Behringer 300 watt amp

If anyone could offer some help, it would be greatly appreciated.

You answered your own question.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
behringer strikes again? sounds like probably a blown speaker.
^^not necessarily helpful.
Quote by the humanity

think pokemon
Pete Wentz sig reaches level 32, it evolves into Mark Hoppus bass.
Mark Hoppus bass uses tone knob!
it's super unneffective!
Behringer amps are known to be very crappy and break often. I'm willing to bet that your amp is really a 150 watt because they also jack up their watt ratings on their amps.
If your bass has batteries try replacing them. This is probably not the problem since it's a new bass but it's cheaper than a new amp. if it's not the batteries then yes, Behringer strikes again!
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by Revelation
If your bass has batteries try replacing them. This is probably not the problem since it's a new bass but it's cheaper than a new amp. if it's not the batteries then yes, Behringer strikes again!

I never saw a 300 watt bass amp on batteries rofl
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Damn. I bought it on a wim when I saw it for %50 percent at guitar center after my last amp broke. I just bought a new strat yesterday and I really can't afford a new amp, so I hope Behringer will fix this. Haha I can only hope.
Quote by IKnowItsWrong
I never saw a 300 watt bass amp on batteries rofl

He was referring to TS's bass not bass amp. He might have an active bass so he might just need to change his battery.
i said bass...not bass amp. Most ibanez basses have an active eq or active pickups.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
srry... misreaded
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Sorry, my original post was wrong.

The bass that I own now was previosly owned. He said he rarely ever played it, so I consider it new since it's in such great condition. I will try changing the batteries though.

Thanks for the help guys.
Last edited by bobmcd123 at Nov 30, 2008,
FYI, TS. Beheinger is world renouned for it's wonderful customer support. (I mean that in an ironic not true sort of way). Just so you know what to expect.
I had a behringer bass amp, total POS. Also regarded power consumption, you wanna look for xxxW RMS not xxxW peak, though it might be 300W peak, they do some powerful amps. No that they're any good though
I suggest getting new batteries, a new bass amp.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I had the same distortion sound problem, and I left my bass plugged in for a couple days..even though it was off, it still drains the battery. I changed the battery, and it was fine. If there isn't a battery, then it's the amp. Good 'ol Behringer.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen