Hey guys, i've had my fender mex tele for a year now and i love the feel of it but i was thinking of gettin some new parts for christmas to upgrade it.

I was thinking of putting Humbuckers in it maybye Semour Duncans, but that would mean i'd need a new scratchplate, electronics and bridge right?
Im happy with the machineheads though as ive got now problems with them so probably wont upgrade them.

My limit is £200 and my band plays mainly G n' R and Motley Crue.

Cheers
Guitar: Fender Standard Tele

Amp: Marshall JCM900 4100

Pedals: Boss DS-1, Dunlop Crybaby, Dancelectro CC-1, Ibanez LU-20
I would recommend you save some more money cause 200 maybe won't be enough for a good quality hardware upgrade, but you can always change that bridge singlecoil with a hot rail style pickup. That shouldn't require scratchplane and bridge mods. Hot rails might not be perfect humbucker replacements but will work just fine with the kind of distortion you should be after
Guitars:

Ibanez SZ320
Ibanez RG450
Ibanez SC620
Bc Rich Warlock 7 String
ESP LTD SC-607

FX:

Digitech Whammy 4
Line 6 PodXT Live

Amp:

Line 6 Flextone 2
Bridge? No.... But scratchplate? Maybe. Unless you're comfortable cutting a larger hole in you pickguard, yes a new one. And are you puting the humbucker in the neck or bridge?
DIO FOREVER
I'm not really sure, i'd like two humbuckers, one in bridge and one in the neck.

I'd get a new pickguard anyways, there not too expensive. I'll have extra money anyways so my budgets more like £200 without worryin bout pickguard.

Also if i had humbukers if i'd need 500k pots right? cause single coils use 250 dont they?

Why put humbucker in a Tele neck...? No more classic tele sound. I would go EMG 81 bridge, S or SA neck. Comes with all the electronics and pots.
i dunno bout emgs, personally i dont really like em cause from experiance you can't get a nice light bluesy distort from them.

So do you reccomend a humbucker in the bridge and a single coil in the neck?

I need a pickup that is really versatile. What about seymour duncans?

200 is more than enough to make your guitar awesome, it's already decently awesome as it is. I've always changed the tuners over the bridge on MIM's.
So can anyone give me some advice on pickups? I was looking at the matched sets of seymour duncans but im not sure which ones to get. maybye the hot rodded humbucker set?