1 tube on the back of my valveking (tube all the way to the left) wasent lighting up so i went out and bought 2 groove tubes. i put em in and it worked fine, but when i turn the volume up pass 1 or 2, bassically anything loud my amp dies and after only like 10 ins of playing the tubes are too hot to even touch. i have a show in a week so i need some help here guys!!
(signature removed, please choose another)
The tubes need to be that hot.... however for the dieing..... I don't know what that is.
Teh Gear:
Squier Affinity Fat Strat
Digitech RP-350
Roland PA-250
Old custom made 1x12" cab x2

No. 1 Digitech RP-350 recommender

Linux users UNITE ! ! !

I WANT THIS ! ! !
Quote by Sin City Sid
Fixed bias in this thing bro

DOES NOT MATTER - if you don't have a matching set in - as in all your tubes are the same brand, not bought individually or seperately - then you are in deep doo-doo, lol. i hope you replaced the 6l6's with 6l6's, too...
Quote by Sin City Sid
Fixed bias in this thing bro

I think you mean cathode bias.

Fixed bias means he would need to rebias when swapping out tubes.
If you dont re-bias the amp when switching brands yes that even means 6l6 rubys to 6l6 grove tubes... Doing this will not hurt the amp... But underbiased tubes can cause permanent damage to the tubes which equals shortened life and overbiased equals a really stiff lifeless tone.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Dec 2, 2008,
Quote by al112987

No, fixed bias means it has a resistor instead of a pot. You can mod it by putting a pot in there. But you just swap the tubes in the VK
After 10 mins any tube will be to hot to touch, especially the output tubes.

Are you certain you have replaced them with a patched pair? and they are the same type that was in previously? Do both of the new tubes light up?
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Quote by al112987

Yeah Al, you are right. I was doing some research and the term is missleading. Anyway's, you are correct. I'm pretty sure I had a few too many that night(what else is new).