The title sums it up. I wanna learn Passage to the reaper, and since the tab is great, I would like to be able to slow it down and play along. Thing is that it's 1 tone down tuned, and I wanna play it in standard tuning. I tried to transpose it but the tab got messed up. I just started to sight read, and I don't think that changing octaves and endless 16th note parts at a pretty high tempo are the next best step

So is it possible to automatically get it 1 tone up, without messing the tab.

My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
Yes, set the tuning on all the instruments a step higher, but make sure you say no when it asks if you want it to tranpose to the new tuning.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by jack15_11
so drop it down????

I'd like not to. I got really thin strings (9s) on the guitar I'm playing it at, and it has a floyd rose too, so they will be really sloppy and the floyd rose is gonna tilt a lot. I wouldn't try to find a workaround if I could just tune it down you know
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
Quote by duncang
Yes, set the tuning on all the instruments a step higher, but make sure you say no when it asks if you want it to tranpose to the new tuning.

Ah cool, I'll work on that! Thanks a lot
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
Quote by X_Op3th_X
I'd like not to. I got really thin strings (9s) on the guitar I'm playing it at, and it has a floyd rose too, so they will be really sloppy and the floyd rose is gonna tilt a lot. I wouldn't try to find a workaround if I could just tune it down you know

Yeah youre probably right then
Quote by duncang

Yeah, try this. Don't forget to do it on all the instruments (except percussion). and to NOT let guitar pro transponse it to the new tuning. it's not that difficult really.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
Quote by duncang
This.

Alternatively, you can:

1) Create a new track in standard tuning.
2) Select all the notes in the original track.
3) Copy them.
4) Paste them in the new track.
5) Delete the old track.
Thanks everyone, the tuning thing worked GP is a bit frustrating with all those buttons and options, seems that I just had to click the "channel" name to change the tuning.

Thanks for your time again.

My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo