Page 1 of 2
Hey guys just for a bit of fun, i have about £1500 at the moment and i'm either going to buy a Used Car (Probably and 02 Punto)

or

I could buy a custom Gordon Smith Guitar, or maybe a PRS what do you think?

X
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Buy the car, and then you can do part time work delivering and save up for a guitar.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
PRS!

I may be biased though...
Current Gear:

PRS Custom 24 (Whale Blue)
Jackson KVX10 (With SD Blackouts)
Line 6 POD XT Live
Quote by Daniel8488
Buy the car, and then you can do part time work delivering and save up for a guitar.

If i had time i would, i already work all weekends and have 6th form everyday of the week.

And i like the idea/concept of the gibson robot guitar but i'm not paying the inflated pricetag when i could just use the tuner on my gt8 mid set.

X

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Cars are expensive and needy. Gas, insurance, and repairs will haunt you. Unless you really need one, get the guitar. I live in a city where I can either bike, walk or bus anywhere, and I wouldn't even think about getting a car. Unfortunately, I have no money for one anyway.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Depends on the situation. If you don't have a car and are in need of one, get the car. If you have a less than quality guitar and don't really need to buy a car, get the guitar (my vote goes to PRS).
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Well it's a dilema, you see to be honest i don't really need a Car. However it would be really usefull.

On the same note i don't really need a Guitar, some may knock it but i love my squier and gig it all the time, and my gear is such that i have really good tone.

So it's a dilema

X

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Unless you REALLY need a car (for long distance travels to work or something), get the guitar. You can manage without one, you can bus and walk.
Why not go play a few guitar's in some shop's and see if you can really find one that you love, also go road test some car's if you can and see if you can find one that you really like.

which ever you find first, buy!?
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Dude you asked this to the wrong group of people, besides my first car cost me £500, I say do both :P
Gear:
Washburn X-40 Pro
Washburn X-40
Yamaha RGX 320s custom (with Duncans)
Ibanez GRG 170DX
Yamaha Pacfica 120V (lol)
Encore Strat pile of **** (mega lol)
Saving for new amp
i'd go for the car... it is a fiat, though... o_O don't forget about insurance, tax, petrol etc. and other hidden costs.

i don't think i'd spend £1500 on a gordon smith, the best GSs are the ones around £400-£500, as they're the same quality, just don't have all the bells and whistles. plus GS quality control can be a little iffy, it'd be better to try several and pick the best perhaps, rather than get one custom-made.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
no i think its the right group of people to ask. if you ask any joe blow he'll be like, 'dude get the car, much more important that some lil piece of wood with strings'.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Get a Hotrod XD amp, or whatever they're called, I played one at GC the other day and it ****ing blew me AWAY.
http://www.youtube.com/user/w0nk001

1977 Gibson SG

Line 6 Toneport UX2

Peavey EVH 5150

Quote by poidaobi;8303134
Fiddy Juan Fiddy
Dual Rectumfrier Too Chaaan

Had an ENGRUL Powerlawl and a Fraymus Co-Bra.
Quote by RabbidWolf
no i think its the right group of people to ask. if you ask any joe blow he'll be like, 'dude get the car, much more important that some lil piece of wood with strings'.

Point taken, although I raise the question, if too much of his time is spent walking and busing everywhere, how on earth is he going to do the thing justice, besides, would you take a £1500 guitar on a bus? (Probably actually... if our economy keeps failing as a loaf of bread might be worth that much soon)
Gear:
Washburn X-40 Pro
Washburn X-40
Ibanez GRG 170DX
Saving for new amp
My parents have said that they'll pay for both insurance & Tax and MOT

and petrol isn't a problem, i have a healthy weekly income.

and the 02 Punto was just a suggestion, i've been considering alot of "Student" cars.

And i wasn't thinking of spending £1500 on a GS, it was just a suggestion of a good guitar i had a quote a while back.

Oh and it's the best place to ask because as guitar lovers alot of you go through the same purchase processes as me!

X

Quote by w0nk001
Get a Hotrod XD amp, or whatever they're called, I played one at GC the other day and it ****ing blew me AWAY.

I have Blues Junior and a Boss Gt8 i'm covered for tone and versitlity.

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Well, if you already have a car that runs well, isn't constantly breaking down, I'd say the Guitar, (PRS definately), but if your current car is a pile o' crap, than I guess a car is more improtant at the moment.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
you could always do what I did and impulse buy a BMW...
Sounds like you've got pretty sweet gear anyway right now, so just see what you can get for your money car wise and save the money left over for something cool.
Gear:
Washburn X-40 Pro
Washburn X-40
Ibanez GRG 170DX
Saving for new amp
One thing I would do either way with that cash is get the extras for your guitar, like straplocks, a good leather strap etc, but I still say try out some guitars and that see what takes your fancy. But I wouldn't get a car if your in a city/town where you can walk, bike or bus to places.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Quote by HMTarnus
you could always do what I did and impulse buy a BMW...
Sounds like you've got pretty sweet gear anyway right now, so just see what you can get for your money car wise and save the money left over for something cool.

HAHAHAHA that's awesome, unfortunately i couldn't contemplate insuring one.

Quote by Tomo J O
One thing I would do either way with that cash is get the extras for your guitar, like straplocks, a good leather strap etc, but I still say try out some guitars and that see what takes your fancy. But I wouldn't get a car if your in a city/town where you can walk, bike or bus to places.

Already done, good suggestion though.

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Well, where i live a car is a must have. No other way to go to work, or go to guitar center, or go get groceries. So if i didnt have a vehicle, i would definately get one before i got a guitar.
well if you already have a car, i'd go with teh guitar.
but if you dont already have a car, then i'd go for the car.
And then as some one else said, do some delivering or something and save up for a nice guitar
I'd say go car, but like a lot of other people mentioned it depends on where you live (and what guitar you've already got)
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
do what any self respecting UK muso would do -

Find a crappy van on ebay/local press with a years MOT on it for no more than £250.

Tax the bugger

Drive it to the guitar shop and spend the change

Pick all your mates up and go to the rehearsal rooms.

Sorted.
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by Madsalty
My parents have said that they'll pay for both insurance & Tax and MOT

and petrol isn't a problem, i have a healthy weekly income.

and the 02 Punto was just a suggestion, i've been considering alot of "Student" cars.

ah, that's great. get a car if you don't have one already.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
PRS, period. Seriously, you'll have more fun with that guitar than you would with a Koenigsegg.
Quote by ToalNOOB
I dont help those who sig their own posts.

Care to elaborate?

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by Daniel8488

I agree. It looks like you're set for now on the guitars, checking at your signature
haha.
car.
You can't buy something cool like an AE86 Corolla or Nissan 240SX/Silvia over there for that? Ouch... I would rather have a job just for the reasons mentioned above; you can drive, which opens up a lot of job opportunities.
Quote by haz_uk
just don't get the punto, if you put your ear against a fiat you can actually hear it rusting.

i had to drive one as a hire car about a year ago when i was on a short holiday. Wasn't too impressed. I started off thinking it wasn't too bad, but by the end i more or less hated it...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If public transportation is constant where you are, you don't need a car. Like me, you don't need a car in NYC, since subways and buses are constantly in motion. Dunno about JUST guitar, maybe split your budget to get a new amp and guitar.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
i actually was just in a similar situation
i have a car fund in my bank, and i just spent half of it on a bass neck.
Rockin' shit
Get the guitar, it's more fun and that car looks freaking nasty.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Quote by Madsalty
Well it's a dilema, you see to be honest i don't really need a Car. However it would be really usefull.

No idea how old you are, but if you're still young enough for insurance to outrageously expensive, and you don't really need a car... don't get the car. I know your parents are going to help out with some of the other costs, but trust me, cars are horribly expensive things to run. Right now, if I didn't actually need* mine, I'd happily be a 30something with no car.

"Oh no, I need to spend a fiver on new strings" is pure bliss compared to "Oh no, I need to spend £200 on a set of tyres, and the brakes need doing, and Gordon's just put VED up again, and.... *opens wallet, out fly moths*"

Anyway, if you want to simulate the experience of driving in Britain these days, turn your stereo up load, flush £50 down the loo, then sit opposite a wall and wait for it to move.

* Public transport, for me, between where I live and most of the places I need to get to is non-existant.
Oh, now I've gone and spilled my tea. This really won't do at all.

/thread
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Page 1 of 2