Page 1 of 2
I love Zelda, especially OoT and MM. They are by far the best games I have ever played. They both had great storylines, characters, dungeons, bosses, music, gameplay, enemies etc. . I can't even decide which is better, they're that good.

So anyway, I was thinking: these games deserve to be remade with current-gen graphics. Could you imagine how epic it would be playing them in full HD glory?

So my question is: has anyone else ever considered this or, even better, know if such a project exists?

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
No, keep them classics, don't **** them up like George Lucas does to movies by re-making them.

edit: I think they may have remade OOT for GCN.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
No. I've thought along the same lines before, but I think that we should leave them untouched. Nintendo can try to make a Zelda game with contemporary graphics that is better than those games (which would be tough), but I don't think they should change anything about those games.
The medium is the message!
They did, for the Gamecube. Not just so HD as you might like it, but definently better than the 64.
i would like that.

I was always and to this day am a Majora's Mask junkie though.

Ocarina is great, but MM is my favorite.
i say Of
you say A
i say Revolution
and you say jah

In loving memory of that damn game of poker

Private first class of the bass militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
Ocarina of Time is my favorite game of all time, but it should never be remade. It would do nothing but ruin it.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Am I the only person here that doesn't like Majora's Mask?? I thought it was horrible and wished they hadn't used the same graphics engine as OoT, as that IS one of the best games ever and MM taking off from it makes it look bad. Just my opinion.
Quote by RockAddict311
They should just up the graphics and make it more adult. They dont have to change it in any other way.

The graphics are part of its charm. I still get chills walking out into Hyrule Field the first time. It's truly massive for a cartridge-based game.

And it just wouldn't be the same without the little transition place in the Temple of Time. The place where you can see the partially-loaded next room if you stand on the black line.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by lipscombaaron
Am I the only person here that doesn't like Majora's Mask?? I thought it was horrible and wished they hadn't used the same graphics engine as OoT, as that IS one of the best games ever and MM taking off from it makes it look bad. Just my opinion.

I don't understand how you can hate such a unique game. Sure it isn't one of my favorite zeldas but the concept of past affecting future and so many things going on independently was groundbreaking. Amazing game in my opinion, just not one of my favorite zelda's
I've always been happier with Ocarina of Time, and not because I think Majora's Mask is lacking anything compared to Ocarina of Time, but simply because I dislike the "time restrictions" (I don't have a better way of saying it at the moment. Stupid me, English is my second language).
But on topic, I am not very fond of remaking games, as I think it removed some of the values the original game has. Still I wonder, how Hyrule would look like in Full HD glory...
Quote by danielgoodwill
i say keep them classic but give link his powers back in the next zelda game

reference to megaman by any chance?

¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Quote by lipscombaaron

Yeah MM was pretty sucky,confusing as hell i never could be botherd to play it thru..
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
That would be cool if they were re-made...And I dont mean anything with story or anything, merely pleasing to the eye for current gen gamers. Besides graphics, everything should be the same. OOT is a masterpiece
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Majora's Mask kinda creeped me out a little. I liked Ocarina of Time the best. I enjoy owning Ganon multiple times. :] It's so much fun.
Quote by RockAddict311
They should just up the graphics and make it more adult. They dont have to change it in any other way.

More gore, or more adult?
Quote by rojomeansred
I don't understand how you can hate such a unique game. Sure it isn't one of my favorite zeldas but the concept of past affecting future and so many things going on independently was groundbreaking. Amazing game in my opinion, just not one of my favorite zelda's

I understand that. It just doesn't feel like a Zelda game. In my mind I honestly wipe it from existence, considering The Wind Waker the follow up to Ocarina. The idea was very unique, but I think it failed on what it potentially could have been.... I found the the time travel bit just annoying. And as I said, using the exact same look as OoT was a cheap move. This game was a departure because they changed director's since the games conception... that probably contributed to the different feel.
Quote by Nexium
Yeah MM was pretty sucky,confusing as hell i never could be botherd to play it thru..

MM is hands down my favorite Zelda game, with OOC coming in a very close second, and TP third. It was amazing.

You just needed to be intelligent when you played to manipulate the events during the flow of time.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
i love those ones but i gotta say i loved wind waker, i thought it was funny with the whole cartoon thing, and it was fun in general
I never really liked Majoras Mask either, maybe because i didn't get too far.
Ocarina of Time is the best game ever made though.
¯|(°_o)/¯
Quote by lipscombaaron

I thought MM was superior to OoT by far. The three-day time span, and the fact that certain things could only be done at certain hours, and all of the sidequest-focused gameplay made for one of the best games I've ever played.

[/Nostalgia]
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Majora's Mask is my favorite game hands down- I wouldn't mind seeing it remade with HD graphics, just as long as they leave EVERYTHING else as it was. NO MESSING AROUND WITH THE GAMEPLAY!
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
Zelda games are always remakes. They're pretty much the same thing each time except a little different.

Not that that's a bad thing. If it works, why fix it?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
No.

Super Metroid = Best game EVER.

Don't argue.. You're wrong.

EDIT: Also.. I don't want SM remade in HD graphics.. I want Nintendo to make a new 2D adventure.. Something REALLY long like the Prime series though.. Something that'll last me months to finish..

That'd be shweet
Last edited by Untitled001 at Nov 30, 2008,
I'm seeing a trend in that people that don't like majora's mask didn't make it very far. So I'm asking you MM haters to go back, replay it, beat it, do the side quests. No matter how much you think you're going to hate it, I bet you love it. It's a tough one, so many of the sidequests are so specific that if you mess one thing up you have to start over to get the right result. I understand it doesn't have the same zelda feel as the others, that's because it is nothing like the others. Because of that it is one of my least favorites in the zelda franchise, but comparatively to other games it is really amazing. Just give it a chance...in the great words of Jimmy: Come on
In my opinion, Nintendo has never made a bad 3D Zelda game.
Ocarina of Time was the original 3D Zelda
Majora's Mask introduced a unique time travel system (albeit it was either love or hate)
Wind Waker had it's interesting choice of location (great sea) as well as its sheer scale
Twilight Princess felt kinda reminiscant of OoT, albeit with a darker storyline, and then there was the wolf (also love/hate)

Each game was a masterpiece in its own waay imho

I'd rank them:
1. OoT/MM
2. Wind Waker
3. TP

EDiT:
Quote by rojomeansred
I'm seeing a trend in that people that don't like majora's mask didn't make it very far. So I'm asking you MM haters to go back, replay it, beat it, do the side quests. No matter how much you think you're going to hate it, I bet you love it. It's a tough one, so many of the sidequests are so specific that if you mess one thing up you have to start over to get the right result. I understand it doesn't have the same zelda feel as the others, that's because it is nothing like the others. Because of that it is one of my least favorites in the zelda franchise, but comparatively to other games it is really amazing. Just give it a chance...in the great words of Jimmy: Come on

+ 1 brazillian

Last edited by JMcG92 at Nov 30, 2008,
Quote by JMcG92
In my opinion, Nintendo has never made a bad 3D Zelda game.
Ocarina of Time was the original 3D Zelda
Majora's Mask introduced a unique time travel system (albeit it was either love or hate)
Wind Waker had it's interesting choice of location (great sea) as well as its sheer scale
Twilight Princess felt kinda reminiscant of OoT, albeit with a darker storyline, and then there was the wolf (also love/hate)

Each game was a masterpiece in its own waay imho

I'd rank them:
1. OoT/MM
2. Wind Waker
3. TP

I preferred Wind Waker over the N64 games..
Oracle of Ages/Seasons FTW! Zelda on Gameboy is the best.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by snipelfritz
Megaman games are always remakes. They're pretty much the same thing each time except a little different.

Not that that's a bad thing. If it works, why fix it?

Fixed. No offense to fans, I like Megaman too...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Nah, I don't think a remake should be done.

Now the Philips CDI Zelda games, that's another story
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by rojomeansred
Videogames aren't all about graphics you know? The great thing about these games is there storyline, if they were remade they would muck it up and concentrate only on epic graphics

It wouldn't concentrate on graphics. Look at Metal Gear Solid 4, it had fan-f*cking-tastic graphics and an extremely deep story.
PSN: snakeXdoctor

Quote by OneOfTheseDays
My friends cat smokes, wears a leather jacket and swears at me when i look at it.He is really fat so it makes it even more funny.
Quote by darkarbiter7

GGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

EDiT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjXzXUuyAgI&feature=related
Replace "Bathroom" with "CDi Zeldas"

Last edited by JMcG92 at Nov 30, 2008,
Quote by darkarbiter7
Nah, I don't think a remake should be done.

Squadelah! We are off!

ಠ_ಠ

wat

no way. have you guys seen what they did to the new Banjo and Kazooie? blasphemy, i tell you. to say that theyre going to make another banjo and kazooie and then come up with this pile of ****. leave it as is.

edit: wait, ok this.

Quote by Pat_s1t
Yeah, I think they should remake Ocarina of Time with better graphics, but keep EVERYTHING ELSE THE SAME. Dialogue, storyline, items, weapons, etc., etc, etc.
Quote by Jaymz_515
Squadelah! We are off!

I'm so hungry I could eat an octorock!
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Page 1 of 2