Page 1 of 3
The Empire came to power through Senator Palpatine's manipulation of the Senate, and his to power as an Emperor. He says 'once again the Sith shall rule the galaxy, and we shall have peace'. The Galactic Empire was started without violence. (apart from order 66, but that was retaliation to stop the Jedi stopping Palpatine). They also destroyed the leaders of the Trade Federation, but they were truly evil anyway.

Through films 4, 5 and 6, I don't think you even see the Empire do anything to warrant their place as villains, apart from the destruction of Aldaraan. But once again, that was retaliation to the Rebel Alliance for their plan to destroy the deathstar.

Think how many clones the Rebels must have killed so they could reinstate the Old Republic? Without the rebellion of the Jedi, there probably could have been peace after all. Dictatorship seems to work better than democracy.

Think about it.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
With a name like "The Deathstar" I'm pretty sure people would want to stop it before anything bad happens.
Last edited by Valderama at Nov 30, 2008,
That 'peace' would only be in favour of the Sith.
It would be called peace, but would you really see and feel it?

The Sith use mind tricks, cruelty and torture to get their 'peace'.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Well the Empire instated a humans-only government, so they can be seen as xenophobicAlso, you think George Lucas threw those Nazi references just for ****s and giggles?
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
The Jedi never rebelled. They just knew that Palpatine was getting too much power and they wanted the Republic to still have its freedoms.

Besides, the Empire was founded on hate and tyranny. And what is peace without freedom?
Quote by StevoIRL
Hetfield what a man bit of belly but still what a man

Gear

Gibson Slash Signature LP
B-52 AT-112 60 watt
Digitech Rp90
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Well the Empire instated a humans-only government, so they can be seen as xenophobicAlso, you think George Lucas threw those Nazi references just for ****s and giggles?

I think it extends xenophobia when it's a different species, that's an undiscovered form of discrimination.
Quote by aaciseric
I think it extends xenophobia when it's a different species, that's an undiscovered form of discrimination.

xenozoophobia?
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
I don't know about being the "good guys," but I think blowing up the Death Star was a crappy idea.

Now you have thousands (hundreds of thousands?) of rogue stormtroopers scattered around the galaxy with no leader, and weapons. Can you say "roving bands of rogue troopers?" I can.

There would be a huge power struggle in the remains of the Empire. So what, they killed the Emperor and his second in command (Vader), but do you really think that the entire governing body of the Empire was situated in the Death Star in the first place?

It sounds like a setup for years of war and discourse.

Stupid Rebels. I always hated them and their fucking teddy bear friends.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Even they call it the Deathstar, so there's no way they're the good guys, right?

Also, look at 'em. Are you telling me that Darth Vader and Palpatine don't look evil? And if they look evil...
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Quote by PlayMadness
I don't know about being the "good guys," but I think blowing up the Death Star was a crappy idea.

Now you have thousands (hundreds of thousands?) of rogue stormtroopers scattered around the galaxy with no leader, and weapons. Can you say "roving bands of rogue troopers?" I can.

There would be a huge power struggle in the remains of the Empire. So what, they killed the Emperor and his second in command (Vader), but do you really think that the entire governing body of the Empire was situated in the Death Star in the first place?

Which is why I liked the intro to Robot Chicken Star Wars II
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
you do stand a good point.................now my head hurts
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Which is why I liked the intro to Robot Chicken Star Wars II

Robot Chicken is brilliant!
Carmel is hawt
this reminds me of when the US election was going on, and the B9 Board wordfiltered Barack Obama to Mace Windu, and John McCain to Senator Palpatine.
hug your local pug dealer!
Let's compare. If hitler had gotten done with killing all the jews, then setting up his race and stuff i bet there would have been peace. No one would have stood up to him. Or any threat would be eliminated at the roots. So technically you'd be safe and have peace. Without freedoms mind you...

Same to same eh ?
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Nope they're portrayed as bad so they must be

Jk. I agree their methods of achieving peace arent worth it. One person ruling anything is almost always bad as they do whats in their best interest not whats in the best interest of the whole population.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Common misconception is that people think the Sith are Evil. They are the same as the Jedi but they have different beliefs
Yes I'd love to work for a black robot that chokes people to death for ****s and giggles.
well, the empire by nature was a totalitarian government. There was little free speech and dissidents were quickly silenced.

Vader killed several of his own commanders...

Look at it this way.

In pre-WW2 Germany, the Nazi party and Hitler himself was extremely frustrated with the Versailles Treaty, which they thought punished Germany too harshly. This doesnt mean that Germany was justified to start world war two.

Simply because there was a rebel faction rebelling against the empire doesnt mean the empire wasnt evil. If the empire wasnt evil, there probably wouldnt've been a rebellion LOL.
Quote by Våd Hamster
Yes I'd love to work for a black robot that chokes people to death for ****s and giggles.

Im so tempted to sig that
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Våd Hamster
Yes I'd love to be a black robot that chokes people to death for ****s and giggles.

Fix'd?
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Våd Hamster

This man is where it's at.

Think about it, Vader, the most bad*** villain in sci-fi history, is killing someone. Moff Tarkin tells him to stop, and Vader does what he is told.

It's like he had Vader trained like a dog.

He's my favorite Star Wars character.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by Spicer001
Common misconception is that people think the Sith are Evil. They are the same as the Jedi but they have different beliefs

believing "survival of the fittest' to the extent where there had to be only 2 Sith, seeing as how they killed each other for power.

Plus the fact taht they used the fear, anger and hatred inside of them.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Also the Empire encouraged slavery, built the sun crusher and world devestator.
Quote by even deeper
well, the empire by nature was a totalitarian government. There was little free speech and dissidents were quickly silenced.

Vader killed several of his own commanders...

for their incompetence though, so that might just be seen as extreme punishment ratehr than sadistic killing
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
believing "survival of the fittest' to the extent where there had to be only 2 Sith, seeing as how they killed each other for power.

Plus the fact taht they used the fear, anger and hatred inside of them.

And they could shoot lightning out of their hands. Your argument is invalid.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Quote by PlayMadness

Destruction of the deathstar was a good idea for the rebels.

The deathstar gave the Empire pretty much complete power over what ever they wanted to do. They had ultimate leverage in any case, since all they had to do was say "hey if you dont comply, we'll blow your planet up"

With cental power and strength destroyed, the leftover rogue factions probably would fight, but it would level the playing field for everyone else in the galaxy.
Quote by PlayMadness
And they could shoot lightning out of their hands. Your argument is invalid.

No that was only Palpatine
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Well, it depends on what kind of "peace" we're talking about. The Empire's "peace" is built by tyranny and oppression, as seen in episode 4 by the dissolution of the Senate. That means that the galaxy was ruled by one man(Palpatine), with no one to over-rule him on any political decision. Meanwhile, the Rebels and their lovable band of teddy-bear and puppet friends, stood for freedom and democracy.

My head hurts now
Si lo ven que viene palo al tiburon
Vamos a darle duro sin vacilacion
Si lo ven que viene palo al Tiburon
En la union esta la fuerza y nuestra salvacion

Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
for their incompetence though, so that might just be seen as extreme punishment ratehr than sadistic killing

Im reminded of robot chicken star wars of the scene where the commander is explaining that they are supposed to act like they are dying lol
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Im reminded of robot chicken star wars of the scene where the commander is explaining that they are supposed to act like they are dying lol

"If he ever found out about this, he would kill us with his lightsaber."
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW

It wasnt for "their" incompetence, it was for the rebels ingenuity. The commanders that Vader killed werent incompetent. I think some of them were killed because they lost the millenium falcon on radar or something like that. That was Han's doing.... the commanders knew what they were doing, they were just outsmarted.

And i didnt say it was 'sadistic killing' it was just and unjust way of dealing with your commanders.
Quote by Spicer001

Come on! You really got to read up. How can anyone who is following the sith code have any interests in the best of the population?

For those who haven't got it memorized:
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

And the empire wasn't completely destroyed after Palpatine died. It lived on in the Imperial remnant.
Well, Star Wars is an allusion to WWII so by saying that you're saying that Hitler was good!

The Emperor ruled using evil practices and mind control, while the Rebels were fighting for freedom. It's pretty easy to find the good guys.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=n6lzEhoXads

those evil, evil rebels...
It Could Be Sweet, Like A Long Forgotten Dream

Quote by MattDaviesFFAF
...let me (genuinely) congratulate you on posting the most interesting thread I've seen in an age.

Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The Monty Python Appreciation Society
shouldnt this be in the politics thread?
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Quote by rabidguitarist
The Empire came to power through Senator Palpatine's manipulation of the Senate, and his to power as an Emperor. He says 'once again the Sith shall rule the galaxy, and we shall have peace'. The Galactic Empire was started without violence. (apart from order 66, but that was retaliation to stop the Jedi stopping Palpatine). They also destroyed the leaders of the Trade Federation, but they were truly evil anyway.

Through films 4, 5 and 6, I don't think you even see the Empire do anything to warrant their place as villains, apart from the destruction of Aldaraan. But once again, that was retaliation to the Rebel Alliance for their plan to destroy the deathstar.

Think how many clones the Rebels must have killed so they could reinstate the Old Republic? Without the rebellion of the Jedi, there probably could have been peace after all. Dictatorship seems to work better than democracy.

Think about it.

THEY BLEW UP A ****ING PLANET!!!! 16 billion people to get answers!!!! they burned down lukes uncles house and killed them! they attacked jedi, they even killed the ****ign kids!!!! my god dude how long has it been since you watched these movies, i mean its cool that youd try to see two sides of things (just wish youd try to see two sides of the free speech argument) but i think the storm troopers equipment was modeled after that of the nazis for a reason
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by even deeper
It wasnt for "their" incompetence, it was for the rebels ingenuity. The commanders that Vader killed werent incompetent. I think some of them were killed because they lost the millenium falcon on radar or something like that. That was Han's doing.... the commanders knew what they were doing, they were just outsmarted.

And i didnt say it was 'sadistic killing' it was just and unjust way of dealing with your commanders.

Well, remember taht guy who umped out of hyperspace when he wasn't suppsoed to?T
hat alerted the rebels, and allowed alot of them to escape. That is pretty incompetent.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Star Wars kicks real history's ass.
myspace.com/sidetrackedrock
myspace.com/scottkrausmusic

Quote by an epic mistake
Woah guys, this is actually the first post relevant to the thread in a LOOONG time. I applaud you Scotdizzle.

I found the damn sig thing!
Page 1 of 3