I'm in the market for a new amp. It's gonna be an upgrade from my old Spider II 112 (gross, I know). I need it to be able to play small gigs and sound good in a band environment. These days I mainly play different types of rock, from Paramore to Shinedown. I'd like it to be versatile though, as I also play a lot of metal and dabble in blues and jazz every once in a while. A really nice clean sound is also a plus. I've always been fond of more vintage sounding amps rather than modern sounding ones. I'd like to keep it under $500 since I'm hoping to get a new guitar soon as well.

The amp I've been considering most is the Crate V50-112. I've played on it before and it has a really nice raw sound to it, and it's only $200 which leaves room for the Boss ME-50. My friend has one plugged into his old Fender tube amp and it sounds great, and should give me the versatility I'm looking for. I'm open to other suggestions of course.

As for the guitar, my current LTD Viper 400 is great but not as versatile as I'd like. I'm really liking the Fender Jaguar HH. It looks great and the specs look good for the price. I just don't know about the pickups, would they be good for what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Last edited by mafropetee at Nov 30, 2008,
i bought me a peavey studio pro and i chain that with a digitech GRUNGE and digitech RP 90
i can get some really good sounds outta it
and it with that set up my cheapy LTD F 50 comes alive!
look at the reviews for the peavy studio pro 112.
its got a great rating
and its not very expensive
i only paied like 380 somthing.
but heres a warning.
if your gonna use the peavey with a cheaper guitar its almost completley nessicary to use effect pedals.
the grunge pedal gives me the crunch and bite i need to play metallica to nirvana to judas priest, and the rp pedal will give me the bueatiful cleans to play stairway to heaven and watever requiers somting bueatiful.
spanash caravan form the doors is a good example.

i really hope this hepls you.
I'm the musical equivalent of driving a Sherman tank to work.
Quote by icpgettozone
i bought me a peavey studio pro and i chain that with a digitech GRUNGE and digitech RP 90
i can get some really good sounds outta it
and it with that set up my cheapy LTD F 50 comes alive!
look at the reviews for the peavy studio pro 112.
its got a great rating
and its not very expensive
i only paied like 380 somthing.
but heres a warning.
if your gonna use the peavey with a cheaper guitar its almost completley nessicary to use effect pedals.
the grunge pedal gives me the crunch and bite i need to play metallica to nirvana to judas priest, and the rp pedal will give me the bueatiful cleans to play stairway to heaven and watever requiers somting bueatiful.
spanash caravan form the doors is a good example.

i really hope this hepls you.

Thanks but I'm really looking for a tube amp. Plus, I've never liked the sound of Peavey's Transtube amps.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
yea tube amps are pretty tits.
deffentley go for the crate v series like u said before.
I'm the musical equivalent of driving a Sherman tank to work.
Mm, Also check out the Vox VT50 or AD50VT, you'll be able to play all those genres except metal, but you'll have lots of money left over for a distortion pedal.