Hey I just bought a classical guitar and it came with a strap but there's no where to put it. Is there a special way or am I supposed to do something? Do you think it came on accident? There was no instruction booklet or anything with it. Do classical guitarists usually play without a strap?
1 end goes on the bottom on the guitar

the string part of the strap you have to tie under the strings above the nut
The UN-exiled one.
The strap just has two back-pack like things. There's nothing to tie. I'll check it out again.
Quote by KileManA7X
Hey I just bought a classical guitar and it came with a strap but there's no where to put it. Is there a special way or am I supposed to do something? Do you think it came on accident? There was no instruction booklet or anything with it. Do classical guitarists usually play without a strap?

hahahahahaha do what the first guy said..... dont worry i had the same problem when i got mt first acoustic
you get a bit of good quality string and tie the left end (if your a righty!!!) to just behind the nut, under the strings. The other end goes in the normal place on a guitar. If there's no pin on that end, then you'll probably have to buy something and drill/screw it in.
Uhhh... as far as I know, classical guitars do not use regular acoustic straps. You need to buy a strap specifically for a classical because they are generally not played standing up.

They look like this... http://www.amazon.com/Levys-Leathers-Leather-Classical-Strap/dp/B00074B67U

What you do is wear the strap around your neck and anchor the hook onto your soundhole from the front. It will hold the guitar up, but can fall quite easily.

I'm not sure if you can use a regular steel string strap because my intuition is telling me that there's no solid block of wood at the bottom of the guitar where normal strap pins go.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
Uhhh... as far as I know, classical guitars do not use regular acoustic straps. You need to buy a strap specifically for a classical because they are generally not played standing up.

They look like this... http://www.amazon.com/Levys-Leathers-Leather-Classical-Strap/dp/B00074B67U

What you do is wear the strap around your neck and anchor the hook onto your soundhole from the front. It will hold the guitar up, but can fall quite easily.

I'm not sure if you can use a regular steel string strap because my intuition is telling me that there's no solid block of wood at the bottom of the guitar where normal strap pins go.

thats right my uncle uses one of those....