Well I don't have another guitar to see if my amp is messed up, nor do i have another amp to see if my guitar is messed up

my amp works and sound comes out but not as loud as its supposed to and my distortion channel sounds like some pretty weak overdrive rather than just about as distorted as my amp will go
and i have to turn it up really loud to get noise out of it

what could the problem be or how can i figure it out?
do you have active pickups????
Eat this, today's music-lovers!
Quote by rabidguitarist
A lot of music isn't really going anywhere. There are tons of fans in here going 'oh my god, <> is evolving so much and <> is so shit lol!' but tons of it is just recycled material and tired ideas.
not to be a dick, but make sure the volume on your guitar is turned up. you'll have to get another guitar to run through your amp if you really want to test it. maybe the volume pot on your guitar is going bad.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
no idea then, ask your music store
Eat this, today's music-lovers!
Quote by rabidguitarist
A lot of music isn't really going anywhere. There are tons of fans in here going 'oh my god, <> is evolving so much and <> is so shit lol!' but tons of it is just recycled material and tired ideas.
take your guitar to a music store and plug in there. if all goes well then it's the amp.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Maybe your pickups are too low. It would explain why you are not getting enough sound... and a weak distortion.